Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
neil h
Veteran Member
Posts: 556
Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls
Location: North London/Essex boarders
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by neil h » 14 Feb 2016, 07:10

For the draw bar, I suspect there will never be much nose weight with a sib, so don't expect lenghtening it to be an issue. I can always adjust the axle position to compensate somewhat. With such a light rig I don't think it will be easy to have anywhere near 50kg noseweight, but I may be wrong on that front... time will tell.

Assuming I don't decide to use them for this, i may have something better for you that those rollers. Although you may feel they are overkill for a launch trolley.

Prompt me nearer the time as they're stored elsewhere and i am highly likely to forget Paul.

Cheers

Neil
Last edited by neil h on 14 Feb 2016, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by mattswan2512 » 14 Feb 2016, 07:17

Bloody good job well done Paul!!!!! I did ponder this a while back before buying my old trailer (Aaron b's now) but thought it too much work but looking at that mate it looks bloody brilliant!!! I'm okay with wood but have never really worked with metal and can't weld but it's mainly U bolts anyhow so will be my next path for a trailer for a sib etc.

Cracking thread cheers pal.

(Didn't know u had a sib too)
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
mattswan2512
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1758
Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
Boat Make: F-Rib 330
Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
Location: Sunny southampton
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by mattswan2512 » 14 Feb 2016, 07:20

neil h wrote:Assuming I don't decide to use them for this, i may have something better for you that those rollers. Although you may feel they are overkill for a launch trolley.

Prompt me nearer the time as they're stored elsewhere and i am highly likely to forget Paul.

Cheers

Neil
I have got an individual small v hull roller you can have if ya need it Paul in my garage :?:
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by Paul » 14 Feb 2016, 13:48

Neil and Matt
Many thanks for the offers of the rollers.......I'll mention them again nearer the time :D
:cheers
Paul

neil h
Veteran Member
Posts: 556
Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls
Location: North London/Essex boarders
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by neil h » 14 Feb 2016, 14:10

might get a pic of them today. Don't think I am likely to use them, as I think the sib is better supported on bunks along length of tubes, and with the rollers that cam with the trailer supporting the transom itself.

neil h
Veteran Member
Posts: 556
Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls
Location: North London/Essex boarders
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by neil h » 14 Feb 2016, 14:53

No promises just yet but would these be any use? There are two of what you see in the pic
20160214_144712.jpg

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by Paul » 14 Feb 2016, 19:26

Yes Neil they look ideal but only if you're sure you'll not be needing them yourself.
If you're still going to the Warsash event next weekend on the 20th I could collect them there.
:cheers
Paul

neil h
Veteran Member
Posts: 556
Joined: 03 Oct 2015, 20:34
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Toha 9.8 ss
Suzi 15 4/ ls
Yam 25 2/ ls
Location: North London/Essex boarders
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Modifing a motorcycle trailer to SIB trailer

Post by neil h » 14 Feb 2016, 19:37

Gut feeling says they will not be suitable. Have partly blown the boat up on the trailer.
I think I'll be much happier to have the boat sat on bunks. Plan to try and have some time off Friday afternoon at least to have a play, so may well know if they are surplus to requirements by Saturday.

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”