Outboard Trolly
-
Fitchie23
- I'm New
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Blackpool
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 0
Outboard Trolly
Hi,
Does anyone have any recomendations for a decent outboard trolly for a 20HP (44kg) that doesnt cost the earth?
I have been looking at one in the link below, but at £165 it seems a bit expensive for what it is.
https://www.tridentuk.com/gb/outboard-e ... stand.html
I do like the way this one could double up as a trolly for moving the boat due to the lack of side support frame. The others I have seen are similar to as below, but on the whole get poor reviews.
https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/GB ... aIQAvD_BwE
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Does anyone have any recomendations for a decent outboard trolly for a 20HP (44kg) that doesnt cost the earth?
I have been looking at one in the link below, but at £165 it seems a bit expensive for what it is.
https://www.tridentuk.com/gb/outboard-e ... stand.html
I do like the way this one could double up as a trolly for moving the boat due to the lack of side support frame. The others I have seen are similar to as below, but on the whole get poor reviews.
https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/GB ... aIQAvD_BwE
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: Outboard Trolly
Lots on here, including myself, just use ‘el cheapo’ sack trucks readily available from your local Machine Mart/Screwfix (other brands available). Add a bit of timberwork and job done.
All man enough for those lardy 20 horse 4-strokes.
All man enough for those lardy 20 horse 4-strokes.
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
-
Sibfisher
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
- Boat Make: Elling KB 350
- Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 1
- Location: Tui, Spain
- Has thanked: 113 times
- Been thanked: 95 times
Re: Outboard Trolly
Not long made one myself for my 9.8hp weighs 40kg out of a old sack barrow and a few bits of wood I had laying around, bit like Ians has made for his, as said there are a lot out there that will give a good idea.
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Outboard Trolly
Depends if you want one that'll go in your vehicle to use at launch point - I've got one similar to this but I made a few mods, including changing several of the nuts to wing nuts so I can fold it down for transportation when using my camper van. I also added small castor wheels to the handles so I can tilt it up and slide the carrier and outboard together into the boot of my SUV.
Or for a bit more money, there's this one:
https://www.marinesuperstore.com/engine ... BNEALw_wcB
or this:
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5869-p.asp
Or for a bit more money, there's this one:
https://www.marinesuperstore.com/engine ... BNEALw_wcB
or this:
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5869-p.asp
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
Fitchie23
- I'm New
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Blackpool
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Outboard Trolly
Cheers for the replies lads.
I'm going to go with the modified sack truck I think, as I will get the benefit of it doubling up to move the boat too when needed.
I'm going to go with the modified sack truck I think, as I will get the benefit of it doubling up to move the boat too when needed.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Outboard Trolly
I have this..
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... -253-c.asp
It’s brilliant, tho the sack carts work just great too
Martin
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... -253-c.asp
It’s brilliant, tho the sack carts work just great too

Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
surfstar
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 27 Oct 2020, 22:57
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: SANTA BARBARA
- Has thanked: 4 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Outboard Trolly
D I Y
I'm way too cheap to spend the $ on a pre-made one. I'll only be using it for a 6 hp / 23 kg motor, but this will hold my weight (77 kg) and felt solid.
USD $12 in wood, $6 in screws, $12 more for caster wheels (not shown)
Easy to scale up for more weight, also. Tweaked version from this thread: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/diy-o ... es.686606/
I'm way too cheap to spend the $ on a pre-made one. I'll only be using it for a 6 hp / 23 kg motor, but this will hold my weight (77 kg) and felt solid.
USD $12 in wood, $6 in screws, $12 more for caster wheels (not shown)
Easy to scale up for more weight, also. Tweaked version from this thread: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/diy-o ... es.686606/



