Outboard Trolly

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Outboard Trolly

Post by Fitchie23 » 20 Nov 2020, 16:20

Hi,

Does anyone have any recomendations for a decent outboard trolly for a 20HP (44kg) that doesnt cost the earth?

I have been looking at one in the link below, but at £165 it seems a bit expensive for what it is.

https://www.tridentuk.com/gb/outboard-e ... stand.html

I do like the way this one could double up as a trolly for moving the boat due to the lack of side support frame. The others I have seen are similar to as below, but on the whole get poor reviews.

https://www.gaelforcemarine.co.uk/en/GB ... aIQAvD_BwE

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by harrison » 20 Nov 2020, 16:57

Lots on here, including myself, just use ‘el cheapo’ sack trucks readily available from your local Machine Mart/Screwfix (other brands available). Add a bit of timberwork and job done.

All man enough for those lardy 20 horse 4-strokes. :thumbsup

4B297A2F-4811-4C6E-A8E7-D983245AFFD0.jpeg
8D94D5C2-B919-4B8B-BFDE-E6C077D540DC.jpeg
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by Fitchie23 » 20 Nov 2020, 17:20

That looks absolutely ideal, many thanks, will get one ordered!

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by Sibfisher » 20 Nov 2020, 17:34

Not long made one myself for my 9.8hp weighs 40kg out of a old sack barrow and a few bits of wood I had laying around, bit like Ians has made for his, as said there are a lot out there that will give a good idea.
IMG_20201108_141248.jpg

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by rogerblack » 21 Nov 2020, 14:23

Depends if you want one that'll go in your vehicle to use at launch point - I've got one similar to this but I made a few mods, including changing several of the nuts to wing nuts so I can fold it down for transportation when using my camper van. I also added small castor wheels to the handles so I can tilt it up and slide the carrier and outboard together into the boot of my SUV.



Or for a bit more money, there's this one:

https://www.marinesuperstore.com/engine ... BNEALw_wcB

or this:

https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5869-p.asp
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

Fitchie23 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 26 Sep 2020, 17:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Blackpool
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by Fitchie23 » 21 Nov 2020, 19:37

Cheers for the replies lads.

I'm going to go with the modified sack truck I think, as I will get the benefit of it doubling up to move the boat too when needed.

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by Martin » 03 Dec 2020, 23:20

I have this..
https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... -253-c.asp

It’s brilliant, tho the sack carts work just great too 👍🏻

Martin :cheers
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
IanH 72 (05 Dec 2020, 18:43)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

surfstar United States of America
I'm New
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Oct 2020, 22:57
MMSI Number: 10
Location: SANTA BARBARA
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Outboard Trolly

Post by surfstar » 09 Dec 2020, 00:10

D I Y

I'm way too cheap to spend the $ on a pre-made one. I'll only be using it for a 6 hp / 23 kg motor, but this will hold my weight (77 kg) and felt solid.
USD $12 in wood, $6 in screws, $12 more for caster wheels (not shown)
Easy to scale up for more weight, also. Tweaked version from this thread: https://forums.iboats.com/threads/diy-o ... es.686606/
stand.jpg

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”