Outboard car load.

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
koin26 Spain
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Outboard car load.

Post by koin26 » 19 Aug 2020, 12:21

Hello!

I have a 15hp outboard, and I have an outboard trolley.
The problem in the outboard it´s very heavy to charge in my car.

Can someone invent something to put the outboard with some wheels in a trunk of a car?
I have seen some that already exist and are manufactured. The problem is that the motor does not stay in the correct position and they are very large.

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by harrison » 19 Aug 2020, 12:46

Lifting and sliding our Mariner 20 in and out of the car proved to be pain, so bodged together a dolly. Worked well, rolls easily on castors and kept powerhead suitably elevated with motor laying on correct side. Fixed castors on one end only so once in doesn’t slide around.


11508D97-C608-44BD-A5B2-1C3FAD5EB39F.jpeg
Easy load motor dolly
These users thanked the author harrison for the post (total 3):
koin26 (19 Aug 2020, 16:49) • grommet (20 Aug 2020, 21:28) • Alistair (25 Jun 2021, 05:48)
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

koin26 Spain
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by koin26 » 19 Aug 2020, 14:56

Woww, thats it´s what I am looking for.
Have you pics loading the outboard?

I don't know where the outboard supports

Thanks!

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by harrison » 19 Aug 2020, 16:20

The 20 now lives permanently on a little rib, but here’s a 3.5 motor on just to give an idea.


2A0421C6-6D26-40D9-9D1F-EFB409837ADA.jpeg
72AB6F68-8561-4961-96EB-A092A10631EF.jpeg
These users thanked the author harrison for the post (total 3):
koin26 (19 Aug 2020, 16:49) • Gray (19 Aug 2020, 21:39) • theins (19 Aug 2020, 22:05)
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

koin26 Spain
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by koin26 » 19 Aug 2020, 16:48

Thank your your fast coorperation :-)

RetireewithSIB Ireland
I'm New
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Aug 2020, 14:21
Boat Make: Maestral 18SD
Outboard: Yamaha 4AC
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by RetireewithSIB » 20 Aug 2020, 23:35

This is another alternative. https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5383-p.asp
I got one & it has been very useful. I use it 1)to store my outboard correctly, 2) to carry my outboard from garage to car, to shore 3) o
to carry my deflated SIB from garage to car to shore.

koin26 Spain
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by koin26 » 21 Aug 2020, 01:47

Hello!

That car is very good, the problem is that the outboard is not transported in the correct position, right? They say the outboard has to be on its side, and there it stays in the wrong position ...

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by ChrisParish » 21 Aug 2020, 07:55

The outboard can be transported safely either on its side, as directed by the manufacturer, or in the same orientation is you be in when mounted on the back of a boat and tilted up. The trolly which RetireewithSIB linked to allows the motor to be transported as if it was in the back of a boat. I have used one of these to move my outboard several times.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

koin26 Spain
I'm New
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by koin26 » 21 Aug 2020, 22:41

the problem is that this outboard car is too big for my car, because if I put the car in, the boat and car won't fit ... it's a shame

Scar Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 23
Joined: 22 Jul 2020, 10:41
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Yeovil
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Outboard car load.

Post by Scar » 22 Aug 2020, 08:02

ChrisParish wrote: ↑
21 Aug 2020, 07:55
The outboard can be transported safely either on its side, as directed by the manufacturer, or in the same orientation is you be in when mounted on the back of a boat and tilted up. The trolly which RetireewithSIB linked to allows the motor to be transported as if it was in the back of a boat. I have used one of these to move my outboard several times.
Hi
Would this Motor Toter be ok to use with my 15HP Mercury 4t short shaft as I am finding it a pain to load and unload ?
TIA

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”