Outboard car load.
-
koin26
- I'm New
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Spain
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 0
Outboard car load.
Hello!
I have a 15hp outboard, and I have an outboard trolley.
The problem in the outboard it´s very heavy to charge in my car.
Can someone invent something to put the outboard with some wheels in a trunk of a car?
I have seen some that already exist and are manufactured. The problem is that the motor does not stay in the correct position and they are very large.
I have a 15hp outboard, and I have an outboard trolley.
The problem in the outboard it´s very heavy to charge in my car.
Can someone invent something to put the outboard with some wheels in a trunk of a car?
I have seen some that already exist and are manufactured. The problem is that the motor does not stay in the correct position and they are very large.
-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: Outboard car load.
Lifting and sliding our Mariner 20 in and out of the car proved to be pain, so bodged together a dolly. Worked well, rolls easily on castors and kept powerhead suitably elevated with motor laying on correct side. Fixed castors on one end only so once in doesn’t slide around.
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: Outboard car load.
The 20 now lives permanently on a little rib, but here’s a 3.5 motor on just to give an idea.
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
-
RetireewithSIB
- I'm New
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 12 Aug 2020, 14:21
- Boat Make: Maestral 18SD
- Outboard: Yamaha 4AC
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Dublin
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: Outboard car load.
This is another alternative. https://www.bhg-marine.co.uk/easy-motor ... 5383-p.asp
I got one & it has been very useful. I use it 1)to store my outboard correctly, 2) to carry my outboard from garage to car, to shore 3) o
to carry my deflated SIB from garage to car to shore.
I got one & it has been very useful. I use it 1)to store my outboard correctly, 2) to carry my outboard from garage to car, to shore 3) o
to carry my deflated SIB from garage to car to shore.
-
koin26
- I'm New
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 19 Aug 2020, 12:13
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Spain
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Outboard car load.
Hello!
That car is very good, the problem is that the outboard is not transported in the correct position, right? They say the outboard has to be on its side, and there it stays in the wrong position ...
That car is very good, the problem is that the outboard is not transported in the correct position, right? They say the outboard has to be on its side, and there it stays in the wrong position ...
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Outboard car load.
The outboard can be transported safely either on its side, as directed by the manufacturer, or in the same orientation is you be in when mounted on the back of a boat and tilted up. The trolly which RetireewithSIB linked to allows the motor to be transported as if it was in the back of a boat. I have used one of these to move my outboard several times.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Scar
- I'm New
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 22 Jul 2020, 10:41
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Yeovil
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 9 times
Re: Outboard car load.
HiChrisParish wrote: ↑21 Aug 2020, 07:55The outboard can be transported safely either on its side, as directed by the manufacturer, or in the same orientation is you be in when mounted on the back of a boat and tilted up. The trolly which RetireewithSIB linked to allows the motor to be transported as if it was in the back of a boat. I have used one of these to move my outboard several times.
Would this Motor Toter be ok to use with my 15HP Mercury 4t short shaft as I am finding it a pain to load and unload ?
TIA


