Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
Nikolay Bulgaria
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 20:39
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE-2
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Sofia
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Nikolay » 03 Apr 2019, 09:43

Hi Guys :)

I am in the midle of a project for launching wheels of Honwave T32/T38. I have a friend who will help me with the stainless steel details. The final goal is to make my own high quality launching wheels for Honwave with air floor. I have found some of the dimensions over the internet, but some help is needed for the others :) I plan ot use a little bit thicker material than the original to avoid future problems. Please take a look a the attached photos. Any dimension you can give me will help a lot. Of course I will share the final result when I am done :)
Attachments
4dim.png
3dim.png
2dim.png
1dim.png

Nikolay Bulgaria
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 20:39
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE-2
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Sofia
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Nikolay » 15 Apr 2019, 14:37

Anyone willing to help? Even these two main dimensions will be very helpful. Thank you :)
Attachments
3dim1.png

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Martin » 16 Apr 2019, 06:35

Hi Nikolay..

I don't have a Honwave so sorry I can’t help you. It sounds an interesting project though and hopefully one of the chaps can help you out with the measurements..
Who knows, we could probably throw a whole mass of orders at you :lol:

Good luck :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
Nikolay (16 Apr 2019, 09:19)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Nikolay Bulgaria
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 20:39
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE-2
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Sofia
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Nikolay » 16 Apr 2019, 09:25

Martin wrote: ↑
16 Apr 2019, 06:35
Hi Nikolay..
I don't have a Honwave so sorry I can’t help you. It sounds an interesting project though and hopefully one of the chaps can help you out with the measurements..
Who knows, we could probably throw a whole mass of orders at you :lol:

Good luck :thumbsup
Hi Martin :) Thank you for your support anyway! Once I finish with my project I will be happy to help the others with all the information I've got or with a pair of launching wheel :)
Last edited by Martin on 16 Apr 2019, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: martins typo
These users thanked the author Nikolay for the post:
Martin (16 Apr 2019, 10:33)

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by chris moody » 16 Apr 2019, 09:36

I rejected my wheels and sent them back to Honda, otherwise I would have done the measurements for you @Nikolay. Lots of T32 and T38 owners on here, come on guys get measuring.
These users thanked the author chris moody for the post:
Nikolay (16 Apr 2019, 10:42)
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

Nikolay Bulgaria
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 20:39
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE-2
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Sofia
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Nikolay » 21 Apr 2019, 16:39

I really need your help guys to get my project done. Would you please give some dimensions?
Thank you :)

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by ChrisParish » 21 Apr 2019, 16:56

Ok, here goes:
From your original posts:
A) 110mm
B, C, D - unavailable as boat rolled up
E) 45mm
F) 20mm
G, H - unavailable
I) 440mm
J) 355mm
K) 155mm
L) 120mm
M) 145mm
N) 415mm
O) 110mm
P) 25mm
Q) 520mm

These are all approximate as I was not able to accurately hold the thing for detailed measurements.
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post (total 3):
Nikolay (21 Apr 2019, 17:02) • chris moody (21 Apr 2019, 18:44) • Martin (25 Apr 2019, 06:46)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Nikolay Bulgaria
I'm New
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Oct 2018, 20:39
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE-2
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Sofia
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by Nikolay » 21 Apr 2019, 17:02

I am incredibly grateful for your help Chris!!! Thank you for the time you have taken!

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Honwave launching wheels T32/T38 DIY some help needed

Post by ChrisParish » 21 Apr 2019, 18:02

Sorry I couldn’t get the dimensions of the bit on the boat, but it is wrapped up
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”