Air pump

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Air pump

Post by Compo1804 » 09 Aug 2018, 21:52

HI,
been lookng at the Bravo BT12 air pump. seems there are 2 types if I'm not mistaken.
1 is single and the other is dual, and a bit of a difference in price too. What are you guys using, I've a Honwave T38IE to blow up
thanks
Mal

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Air pump

Post by Martin » 09 Aug 2018, 22:17

Hi Mal,
For the Honwave airfloor you need a pump capable of hitting .8 bar.
The BTP12 will do a low pressure high flow inflate initially then swap to the 2nd stage of low flow but high pressure.
The btp12 is the one in my opinion. However there is a similar version of two stage pump with a built in battery if that’s your thing. You could of course buy the BTP 12 and add a house alarm battery to the bag, they fit just great.
Have a look on screwfix or such for a 12v lead acid 7ah battery. That’s the one most of us use.
These users thanked the author Martin for the post:
wba 1879 (21 Oct 2020, 16:11)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: Air pump

Post by The Hobbit » 10 Aug 2018, 05:20

Martin wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2018, 22:17
You could of course buy the BTP 12 and add a house alarm battery to the bag, they fit just great.
Have a look on screwfix or such for a 12v lead acid 7ah battery. That’s the one most of us use.
That's exactly what I use as Martin has suggested above. Works a treat. I use another 12v 7ah battery under my seat to run fishfinder, tablet, phone etc. I use the digital BTP 12.
Happy hunting :thumbsup
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Air pump

Post by chris moody » 10 Aug 2018, 05:49

The BP12 (single pump) goes up to the same pressure. It just takes slightly longer to do it as it only has a low volume high pressure pump, where the BTP12 starts off high volume low pressure and then switches over to low volume high pressure.
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Air pump

Post by Martin » 10 Aug 2018, 05:57

To give you some comparison.(real time)
Whilst watching a guy inflate his Frib 360 with the BP12, I inflated my complete boat with the BTP12 in the time it took him to blow up the port side tube.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Air pump

Post by Compo1804 » 10 Aug 2018, 06:14

Thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted to know. The initial blow up will be done in my garage then all I need is to keep it topped up if it needs it.
Cheers
Mal

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Air pump

Post by Paul B » 10 Aug 2018, 12:16

Like wise I use a Bravo btp12, best pump imo for the T38

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Air pump

Post by PeterM » 10 Aug 2018, 13:17

Had the chance to compare my decathlon high pressure pump at£40 against mates bravo.. at alot more££££. While the decathlon pump was 3 mins slower I was happy with that given the cost saving.... and I ate a nice croissant while the sib blew up!

The 12v socket means no faffing under the bonnet angst I have a 9ah gel battery set up to pump the boat away from the car. :)

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Air pump

Post by Steve » 11 Aug 2018, 06:56

PeterM wrote: ↑
10 Aug 2018, 13:17
Had the chance to compare my decathlon high pressure pump at£40 against mates bravo.. at alot more££££. While the decathlon pump was 3 mins slower I was happy with that given the cost saving.... and I ate a nice croissant while the sib blew up!

The 12v socket means no faffing under the bonnet angst I have a 9ah gel battery set up to pump the boat away from the car. :)
Do you use the Halkey valve adapter that comes with the Decatlon pump?

Compo1804 Wales
Advanced Member
Posts: 150
Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
MMSI Number: 101012
Location: west coast of Anglesey
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Air pump

Post by Compo1804 » 11 Aug 2018, 21:14

Thanks for all the info guys. Bit the bullet and expecting delivery of a BTP12 on Mon. Will then blow it up and check out the floor, and post some pics😀
Mal

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”