Air pump
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Air pump
HI,
been lookng at the Bravo BT12 air pump. seems there are 2 types if I'm not mistaken.
1 is single and the other is dual, and a bit of a difference in price too. What are you guys using, I've a Honwave T38IE to blow up
thanks
Mal
been lookng at the Bravo BT12 air pump. seems there are 2 types if I'm not mistaken.
1 is single and the other is dual, and a bit of a difference in price too. What are you guys using, I've a Honwave T38IE to blow up
thanks
Mal
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Air pump
Hi Mal,
For the Honwave airfloor you need a pump capable of hitting .8 bar.
The BTP12 will do a low pressure high flow inflate initially then swap to the 2nd stage of low flow but high pressure.
The btp12 is the one in my opinion. However there is a similar version of two stage pump with a built in battery if that’s your thing. You could of course buy the BTP 12 and add a house alarm battery to the bag, they fit just great.
Have a look on screwfix or such for a 12v lead acid 7ah battery. That’s the one most of us use.
For the Honwave airfloor you need a pump capable of hitting .8 bar.
The BTP12 will do a low pressure high flow inflate initially then swap to the 2nd stage of low flow but high pressure.
The btp12 is the one in my opinion. However there is a similar version of two stage pump with a built in battery if that’s your thing. You could of course buy the BTP 12 and add a house alarm battery to the bag, they fit just great.
Have a look on screwfix or such for a 12v lead acid 7ah battery. That’s the one most of us use.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Air pump
That's exactly what I use as Martin has suggested above. Works a treat. I use another 12v 7ah battery under my seat to run fishfinder, tablet, phone etc. I use the digital BTP 12.
Happy hunting
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
chris moody
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2348
- Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
- Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
- Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
- MMSI Number: 235900806
- Location: Braunston
- Has thanked: 146 times
- Been thanked: 443 times
Re: Air pump
The BP12 (single pump) goes up to the same pressure. It just takes slightly longer to do it as it only has a low volume high pressure pump, where the BTP12 starts off high volume low pressure and then switches over to low volume high pressure.
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Air pump
To give you some comparison.(real time)
Whilst watching a guy inflate his Frib 360 with the BP12, I inflated my complete boat with the BTP12 in the time it took him to blow up the port side tube.
Whilst watching a guy inflate his Frib 360 with the BP12, I inflated my complete boat with the BTP12 in the time it took him to blow up the port side tube.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Re: Air pump
Thanks guys. Exactly what I wanted to know. The initial blow up will be done in my garage then all I need is to keep it topped up if it needs it.
Cheers
Mal
Cheers
Mal
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: Air pump
Had the chance to compare my decathlon high pressure pump at£40 against mates bravo.. at alot more££££. While the decathlon pump was 3 mins slower I was happy with that given the cost saving.... and I ate a nice croissant while the sib blew up!
The 12v socket means no faffing under the bonnet angst I have a 9ah gel battery set up to pump the boat away from the car.
The 12v socket means no faffing under the bonnet angst I have a 9ah gel battery set up to pump the boat away from the car.
-
Steve
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 336
- Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS - MMSI Number: 235902190
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 80 times
- Been thanked: 63 times
Re: Air pump
Do you use the Halkey valve adapter that comes with the Decatlon pump?PeterM wrote: ↑10 Aug 2018, 13:17Had the chance to compare my decathlon high pressure pump at£40 against mates bravo.. at alot more££££. While the decathlon pump was 3 mins slower I was happy with that given the cost saving.... and I ate a nice croissant while the sib blew up!
The 12v socket means no faffing under the bonnet angst I have a 9ah gel battery set up to pump the boat away from the car.![]()
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Re: Air pump
Thanks for all the info guys. Bit the bullet and expecting delivery of a BTP12 on Mon. Will then blow it up and check out the floor, and post some pics
Mal

Mal



