New spray dodger

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
User avatar
Phil
Advanced Member
Posts: 229
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 14:54
Boat Make: F-RIB 360
Outboard: 15hp 1992 Johnson GT 10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Surrey/the south coast
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by Phil » 15 Jan 2018, 22:43

Nice one, thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F-RIB 360 with F-RIB wheels, seat cushions and bag and Scotty rod rests
15hp 1992 Johnson GT 10 2-stroke

User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by Jimthehook » 16 Jan 2018, 13:03

Great spray dodger, we use the same one on our T32ie :thumbsup
Attachments
20171102_105311.jpg

pritch
Advanced Member
Posts: 247
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
Boat Make: BISON 390
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by pritch » 16 Jan 2018, 16:52

The only thing that niggled me is that the velcro doesn't follow the hood all the way down.
I think I'm going to stick the Velcro patches on it that came with it to secure it better.
Attachments
20180113_151040.jpg

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by Mitch » 17 Jan 2018, 23:23

Jim/pritch can you tell me the pressure you used as I don’t want to over inflate & split the tube, there was no advice on pressures when I got it.

pritch
Advanced Member
Posts: 247
Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
Boat Make: BISON 390
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by pritch » 17 Jan 2018, 23:30

I just inflated until it was firm.

User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by Jimthehook » 26 Jan 2018, 16:33

Same here, just use the Honwave foot pump and get firm enough to do its job, tbh its well made and cant see it splitting unless you go silly with the pump!

User avatar
James England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1115
Joined: 01 Aug 2015, 12:25
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: 1999 Johnson 2-Stroke 15 HP
MMSI Number: 235914355
Location: Copthorne, West Sussex
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 61 times
Contact:

Re: New spray dodger

Post by James » 26 Jan 2018, 17:37

I am so tempted to get one for the F-Rib 360.
However, its another thing I have to set up and pack away. When I go out, I want to get out on the water fast and the boat is quite dry.
James

2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid

User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: New spray dodger

Post by Jimthehook » 26 Jan 2018, 18:35

James wrote:I am so tempted to get one for the F-Rib 360.
However, its another thing I have to set up and pack away. When I go out, I want to get out on the water fast and the boat is quite dry.
30 seconds to pump up and maybe 3 mins to hook it on :) but if the ride is dry and you don't need a "wind free spot" for the mrs :roll: (like me!) then you will be ok :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”