Fitting a gps to a f-rib
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
Hi Montana and welcome back buddy
Regarding GPS, are you talking fish finder/plotter etc and if so what sort of sized unit are you mounting

Regarding GPS, are you talking fish finder/plotter etc and if so what sort of sized unit are you mounting
-
Montana
- I'm New
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
- Boat Make: f-rib 330
- Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
- Location: Basildon essex
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
Yes Paul forgot to put the fish finder bit on post just a general size 4-5 screen looking for photos of methods of fixing to seat and brackets for transom also what side of engine would you fit it cheers.
-
Stray
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
- Location: Oop North.
- Has thanked: 34 times
- Been thanked: 99 times
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
An easy way to fit the transducer is using one of these.
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
I used 2 bits of plastic Bargeboard to mount the fishfinder and secure it to the seat.

Both easy to fit and remove.
http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html
I used 2 bits of plastic Bargeboard to mount the fishfinder and secure it to the seat.

Both easy to fit and remove.
-
Montana
- I'm New
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
- Boat Make: f-rib 330
- Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
- Location: Basildon essex
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
thanks for the reply stray just the thing I was looking for is that the tranducer bracket you use or do you know anyone that uses it. could you also do a photo of your battery and how you keep it in place .cheers
-
Stray
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
- Location: Oop North.
- Has thanked: 34 times
- Been thanked: 99 times
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
I don't use that bracket yet, but will be next time out.Montana wrote:thanks for the reply stray just the thing I was looking for is that the tranducer bracket you use or do you know anyone that uses it. could you also do a photo of your battery and how you keep it in place .cheers
-
Stray
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
- Location: Oop North.
- Has thanked: 34 times
- Been thanked: 99 times
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
Further to the Transducer bracket, mine arrived yesterday, it's quite a solid bit of kit. The only problem is the lip and the anti splash on the F-rib Transom, I had to use a block of wood to get the G clamp to hold.

Here's a better picture of the battery box.


Here's a better picture of the battery box.

-
Montana
- I'm New
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
- Boat Make: f-rib 330
- Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
- Location: Basildon essex
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib
thanks for the photos stray let me know how you get on with th bracket when you us it looks a good bit of kit and saves the drilling which I don't fancy .



