Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
Montana
I'm New
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
Boat Make: f-rib 330
Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
Location: Basildon essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Montana » 14 Aug 2016, 17:14

Has anyone got any photos or ideas for fitting a gps to a 330 f-rib

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Paul » 14 Aug 2016, 22:23

Hi Montana and welcome back buddy :D
Regarding GPS, are you talking fish finder/plotter etc and if so what sort of sized unit are you mounting :?:
:cheers

Montana
I'm New
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
Boat Make: f-rib 330
Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
Location: Basildon essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Montana » 15 Aug 2016, 06:19

Yes Paul forgot to put the fish finder bit on post just a general size 4-5 screen looking for photos of methods of fixing to seat and brackets for transom also what side of engine would you fit it cheers.

Stray
Super Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
Location: Oop North.
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Stray » 15 Aug 2016, 06:48

An easy way to fit the transducer is using one of these.

http://www.thetackle-shop.co.uk/section ... ith-5.html

I used 2 bits of plastic Bargeboard to mount the fishfinder and secure it to the seat.

Image

Both easy to fit and remove.

Montana
I'm New
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
Boat Make: f-rib 330
Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
Location: Basildon essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Montana » 15 Aug 2016, 16:17

thanks for the reply stray just the thing I was looking for is that the tranducer bracket you use or do you know anyone that uses it. could you also do a photo of your battery and how you keep it in place .cheers

Stray
Super Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
Location: Oop North.
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Stray » 15 Aug 2016, 17:34

Montana wrote:thanks for the reply stray just the thing I was looking for is that the tranducer bracket you use or do you know anyone that uses it. could you also do a photo of your battery and how you keep it in place .cheers
I don't use that bracket yet, but will be next time out. ;-) As for the battery it's in a plastic box under the fishfinder, you can just see it in the picture.

Stray
Super Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
Location: Oop North.
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Stray » 17 Aug 2016, 13:31

Further to the Transducer bracket, mine arrived yesterday, it's quite a solid bit of kit. The only problem is the lip and the anti splash on the F-rib Transom, I had to use a block of wood to get the G clamp to hold.

Image

Here's a better picture of the battery box.

Image

Montana
I'm New
Posts: 15
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 18:33
Boat Make: f-rib 330
Outboard: tohatsu 6hp
Location: Basildon essex
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fitting a gps to a f-rib

Post by Montana » 17 Aug 2016, 20:36

thanks for the photos stray let me know how you get on with th bracket when you us it looks a good bit of kit and saves the drilling which I don't fancy .

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”