Hi there

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
RIBeye Norway
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 May 2022, 23:55
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Oslo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi there

Post by RIBeye » 10 May 2022, 00:11

:wavey

Just signed up.

I have a small 2006 310 al-hulled RIB with a 1999 yam 15fmh two stroke. Tiller driven. Got it cheap from the fire department four years ago and I've been fixing it up to mint condition. Bought the engine a year later. Love that fun and agile thing.
I use it to explore new waters or go on camping and fishing expeditions with my tent, bluetooth speaker and BBQ for a few days along with a friend and his 12' during our holidays and weekends.

Soon to give it a wash, change gear oil and get back on the water.

This seems like a nice place to exchange knowledge about these highly practical vessels. :D

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Hi there

Post by Martin » 10 May 2022, 12:33

:wavey Hiya Ribeye, Welcome aboard !

It sounds like you’ve got yourself a cracking bargain there, I love the little ally ribs, much fun!

I couldn’t help but notice the flag on your profile, are you in or from Norway or was the flag the first you clicked 😂

Enjoy the forum,
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

RIBeye Norway
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 May 2022, 23:55
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Oslo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi there

Post by RIBeye » 11 May 2022, 21:37

Thank you. :D

I am indeed from Norway. I can't believe I forgot to include that. :clappy
And the summer is on our doorstep. :thumbsup

CRF999 Great Britain
Active Member
Posts: 125
Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 16:00
Boat Make: kayak soon to be Honwave
Outboard: meant to be Honda if they can supply
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Penrith
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Hi there

Post by CRF999 » 12 May 2022, 12:03

Welcome, Nice place you live.

Next time you go out " Shit Fiske "

I go quite often to my friends near Haugesund hence knowing the phrase above.
My best catch from there was a small Kveite ( halibut ) it tasted great as i did it with a proper sauce and would not let the host boil it!


Regards Clive

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”