Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Indeed this is a potential fix for the waterfall effect. Interestingly my new Honwave seems to have the same concept of downward wedge - assume to stop the water curling up off the transom & into the engine the same way it seems to on the Aerotec .
-
daiquiri
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Nov 2021, 12:08
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Budapest
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
I will get a picture when I get it out to fit wheels to it. I'll also post a new thread on it and the details of the suprod wheels when they arrive etc ;)
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Here is the 'edge' fitted to my new out of the box honwave t32.
I expect its to give a clean edge for the water to separate from at the stern, rather than be pulled up and around the curved rear edge of the air floor.
I expect its to give a clean edge for the water to separate from at the stern, rather than be pulled up and around the curved rear edge of the air floor.
-
daiquiri
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Nov 2021, 12:08
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Budapest
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Thanks for the photos Peter! That seems to be the same kind of mod indeed, very interesting. I can't remember ever reading about the Honwave having splashing issues though so not sure why they decided to add it, I'm sure had their reasons. But for Aerotec hackers this could certainly be a very promising approach. I'm thinking of buying one myself in the near future - if I do, I will certainly try this. Thanks again!
-
foxyloxey
- I'm New
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 07:06
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: 1999 Johnson 15hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Selby
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 8 times
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.
The boats packed away for winter but when it's out next year I'll take some more pics.
It stopped all the white water going up the engine, and it was bad. I too tried pack the engine up. Theres the odd splash now and again.
Its triangular shaped rubber, about 200mm long, 30mm wide and tapering up to 15mm covered over with hypalon.
Performance wise, it's a aerotec nothing can touch it. Shame they don't make them anymore.
The boats packed away for winter but when it's out next year I'll take some more pics.
It stopped all the white water going up the engine, and it was bad. I too tried pack the engine up. Theres the odd splash now and again.
Its triangular shaped rubber, about 200mm long, 30mm wide and tapering up to 15mm covered over with hypalon.
Performance wise, it's a aerotec nothing can touch it. Shame they don't make them anymore.
-
daiquiri
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Nov 2021, 12:08
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Budapest
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
thank you for the details, that's super useful info, much appreciated!foxyloxey wrote: ↑27 Nov 2021, 13:10Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.
The boats packed away for winter but when it's out next year I'll take some more pics.
It stopped all the white water going up the engine, and it was bad. I too tried pack the engine up. Theres the odd splash now and again.
Its triangular shaped rubber, about 200mm long, 30mm wide and tapering up to 15mm covered over with hypalon.
Performance wise, it's a aerotec nothing can touch it. Shame they don't make them anymore.
-
foxyloxey
- I'm New
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 07:06
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: 1999 Johnson 15hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Selby
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 8 times
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Did you get yours sorted.daiquiri wrote: ↑09 Nov 2021, 12:17Wow, I'm really surprised this post did not get any questions or responses! After all these years of Aerotec splashing issues, hundreds of posts about people trying to hack the transom height, someone shows up with an actual factory mod that's a completely different approach from anything else before - and no questions??foxyloxey wrote: ↑13 Jul 2021, 17:45Hi,
I had this issue with my aerotec and I took it back to the dealers, who shipped it back to France for a mod.
It's only since the transom parted company due to the age and I've rebonded it, I've discovered what they did.
The glued a piece of wedge shaped rubber to the bottom of the transom and covered it with pvc fabric.![]()
I really hope you are still around to tell us more about this mod, as you may well be the only one on any of the internet forums with a factory fix for the Aerotec splashing problem.
Can you please share some more details about this? Did it fix the issue? If so, did it fix it completely, or just improved it a little? Did it affect performance in any noticeable way? Could you please share a few more images if you have the time, from a few angles, so it could be reproduced as a home DIY project? I wonder how tall this wedge is and what shape is it exactly. Is the cross-section rounded is it a triangle with straight edges? From the image it seems like it's giving some downward-facing edge to the end of the keel, directing the water flow downwards but I'm not sure I'm seeing it correctly based on this one photo alone.
Please do tell us more, this is a true gold nugget!
Not had it out since you last posted. Sorry.
-
daiquiri
- I'm New
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 09 Nov 2021, 12:08
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Budapest
- Has thanked: 2 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Bombard Aerotec 380 - The BAT
Not yet, but I'm taking it to a shop for some mods within a few weeks, and they will hopefully be able to also replicate the mod you posted, based on the photos (I found more photos of it probably on the other forum or another thread here, I don't remember exactly), fingers crossed!


