Launching sites south wales

Please share your experiences of Launch sites, Parking & General site facilities
Post Reply
xtheforgottenx Wales
I'm New
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jun 2021, 16:18
Location: Port talbot
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Launching sites south wales

Post by xtheforgottenx » 22 Jun 2021, 19:06

Hey guys/girls

I am new to owning a sib, and I'm looking for places to launch my yam 340s.
Now I have been in contact with my 2 closest slips and they both to capacity and are not taking new members. So I was thinking ah ok I'll maybe thing of just going from aberavon beach , being quite flat, having my transom wheels.
So I though I'll contact the local coast guard asking about launching on the beach making sure I'm a distance from surrounding beach goers. And they replied with:

Hi Adam! Unfortunately you are not able to use the beach to lunch any motorised water craft. The only places would be the river afan or river Neath; I’m sorry to hear they have no space for you at this moment in time!

Hope that helps,

Cheers


Now I'm struggling to find somewhere to launch and was wondering if anyone on here can give me some advice 🤣

Greatful for any advice

Cheers

Adam

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Launching sites south wales

Post by ChrisParish » 22 Jun 2021, 22:50

Hi Adam and :welcome to the forum. Unfortunately I cannot help you with launch sites. We do have some members based in Wales, so with any luck someone might be able to help.
These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
xtheforgottenx (23 Jun 2021, 05:28)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Notebook64 Wales
Active Member
Posts: 131
Joined: 26 Dec 2020, 14:41
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Cardiff
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Launching sites south wales

Post by Notebook64 » 20 Jun 2022, 16:33

https://www.facebook.com/groups/786347014843144/
these guys will have all the info

Sibfisher Spain
Veteran Member
Posts: 420
Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
Boat Make: Elling KB 350
Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Tui, Spain
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Launching sites south wales

Post by Sibfisher » 26 Jun 2022, 11:22

Hi Adam :welcome
Try the link below give you launching site all around the UK if this helps

https://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/?fbclid=Iw ... idK-9a9U8w

Post Reply

Return to “Launch / Slipways & Information”