Portable transducer mount

A sib is a soft floor inflatable boat that will roll up and fit into a bag to ease with carrying or storage.
There are many different floor designs, exampoles include - Air floor mat, Wooden/Metal boards over an Inflatable Keel or a High Pressure V Floor.
User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Paul B » 08 Jun 2017, 13:45

Whilst I'm no expert in these matters, I find it hard to believe that anybody would drill the transom and not seal it with a suitable silicon or something else suitable for the application , each to their own , but no way would I leave the transom on my sib untreated,

User avatar
Pete England
Veteran Member
Posts: 364
Joined: 09 Apr 2016, 11:21
Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Pete » 08 Jun 2017, 15:43

Stray wrote:Finally, a dry day. 8-)

Image

Just need some decent weather to try it out. :lol:


A video on good and bad Transducer positioning.
That video was very helpful Stray, thank you :D I would have had the transducer in the wrong in the position!

User avatar
The Gurnard
Super Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: 04 Aug 2015, 09:30
Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
Location: West Coast Scotland
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 223 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by The Gurnard » 08 Jun 2017, 17:41

You are absolutely correct guys ..I have been talking nonsense and now feel guilty that I have been leading folks astray. :oops:

All screws in boats need to be in a bed of silicon.. and for me to suggest that varnish or paint is suitable..or worse.. as is often in my case.. nothing .. is very irresponsible ...and not offering a balanced view to folks. :o

I have been spending too much time on forums of late..so Im going to spend the summer doing my own thing again. I mean no disrespect to anyone ..but I have been finding forums quite tiring of late..and its obviously affecting my judgement...for which I apologise.

It is also beginning to affected the enjoyment of my own boating experiences ..so hopefully you can understand my decision to have a break. Its been on my mind for a while..and its not just because of my posts on this thread

I have been thinking of getting another boat lately ..and because I love working with wood.. looking for a decent clinker built tub as a project to keep myself busy ..and replace the time I spent on the internet.
Wooden_Boat.jpg
I sincerely wish you all a great boating season. :thumbsup

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by kaman » 09 Jun 2017, 13:23

Like wise Donny, enjoy your boat carpentry and the remainder of your boating season.

I for one will miss your write ups, pictures, videos and general humour.

Your posts have inspired me to see that my Sib can be used for much more than a spot of fishing :drive :cheers

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by Martin » 09 Jun 2017, 19:59

Wow, another boat :o

The internet does my head in at times, I get where you're coming from. Take it easy Donny, enjoy your boating season and hope to see you back on again sometime soon hopefully with another excellent write up of my boat my build clinker style :clappy

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

grav898 Canada
I'm New
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 May 2021, 21:34
Location: Greenwood
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by grav898 » 27 May 2021, 21:45

Big thanks to Gurnyard for the inspiration. Made this sliding transducer mount after getting terrible imaging with it on my trolling motor.
Attachments

20210526_204526.mp4 [ 36.77 MiB | Viewed 1333 times ]

20210526_204521.jpg
20210526_204432.jpg

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Portable transducer mount

Post by ChrisParish » 27 May 2021, 21:48

Looks great!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Post Reply

Return to “SIB - Soft Inflatable Boat”