Latest Little Avon and yamaha

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Latest Little Avon and yamaha

Post by PeterM » 05 Oct 2020, 14:29

Nice one @N1ck . I like the 3m size as nothing is a huge job ( literally) and its not big money to get into for 'bits' when needed.

So far I'm using August Race cleaner on the tubes ( I was gifted some : ) ) - which is doing well, plain bleach on the rubbing strake and will dilute and use to reduce the mould spots on the top tubes . Its clearly been a tender on a diesel boat - so just grimy really .

@Martin - I know Avon & Bombard both used the same concept for a few years - Avon with a Hypalon & GRP hull , Bombard with PVC & moulded plastic hull - which was much lighter ! . I think the theory was they can go 'almost' flat on the deck or on their side on yachts.

@Roy54 - Think it goes down to about 2.7 ish m long deflated … (I need to try it ! ) … I know I got one fully in the back of my old car once ! - new car is too short for that - so roof or sticking out is needed .
These users thanked the author PeterM for the post:
Martin (08 Oct 2020, 22:49)

N1ck Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 26
Joined: 11 May 2019, 14:26
Boat Make: Avon SR4 F-Rib 330
Outboard: Yamaha 40HP 4 Stroke
Yamaha 9.9 4 Stroke
Location: Devizes
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Latest Little Avon and yamaha

Post by N1ck » 05 Oct 2020, 16:16

itDl%lhBQ%eR6tPsI8hriw.jpg
Bj2%6yoyT8GxsbYtVQDsiQ.jpg
Worse job I have is removing the antifoul off the tubes, have resigned myself that its not all going to come off so will be looking at repainting them
Started out with bugger all and still have most of it left

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”