West Bay this weekend

Up and coming Meets / Cruises / Expeditions etc....
Post Reply
Erniesib Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 9
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bridport
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

West Bay this weekend

Post by Erniesib » 30 Jul 2020, 12:08

Hi all, new to forum from Bridport. Got Honwave T32 and 15hp Tohatsu. Putting boat on pontoon for weekend at West Bay as have season ticket holder and then only a tenner a night (go for easy option these day!). Any members out there in area want to meet up for trip out fishing be happy to buddy up. New to area here so be glad of company in new SIB.

User avatar
Sarah Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 386
Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 123 times
Contact:

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by Sarah » 30 Jul 2020, 20:59

:welcome Ernie, hope its a good weekend afloat, sure someone local will be along soon :-)
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by PeterM » 30 Jul 2020, 22:52

I will be in west bay on Sat ! Alas... not with my own boat.. but fiddling about with a very big very black 600hp RIB ! (A struggle but someone has to try it out :) .. not mine but I'm just helping out )

Hopefully just a few minor tweaks before running fully next week... coding inspection done today :)
These users thanked the author PeterM for the post:
Sarah (31 Jul 2020, 07:14)

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by Martin » 31 Jul 2020, 09:57

Hiya Ernie, I'm sure theres a few other members around your way, Hopefully a few will see the post and join you on your jaunt.
Enjoy !!
I'm not jealous at all :mrgreen:

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by PeterM » 01 Aug 2020, 21:25

Ernie .. I'm sure I saw the boat... but didn't get round to saying hi...i think it may have been a bit bumpy out there for a sib... ?

I had my head inside the console fitting wires and stuff.. but did get out for a little test run on the new charter boat there.... just enough HH to get it going.. it amazes to think these 2 are the same as 100 x of the 6hp.... both 6hp and 600 are fun.. but per pound id take the 6hp tbh.
Attachments
20200801_134510.jpg

Erniesib Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 9
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bridport
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by Erniesib » 06 Aug 2020, 14:54

Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by PeterM » 06 Aug 2020, 15:58

Yep - I know how you feel in the rough - if its practical I often drive to Teignmouth as you get a lot of nice flat sheltered water down & up the coast even in a strong SW :)

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: West Bay this weekend

Post by NeilJ » 06 Aug 2020, 16:19

Erniesib wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2020, 14:54
Hi, sorry late getting back. Yeah stuck my head out too but decided too lumpy for me on the day. I that a bit of a problem for a small boat at West Bay as exposed to south/south westlies Did most of my boating on South coast of Wales and usually able to find shelter behind the headlands at Penarth, Porthcawl, Swansea Bay, Oxwich and Saunderfoot.
Hi Ernie, Portland/ Weymouth is pretty sheltered most of the time.

Post Reply

Return to “Events”