Buying a T38
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Buying a T38
Hi everybody,
Phoned my local yaghtshop at Holyhead today, he’s a Honda dealer, asking for a quote on a new Honwave T38,
Could not give me a price as he recons there will be non available this year.
Are they that rare these days, last time I looked people were tending to give them a bit of a wide berth due to wonky floors,
Whats the latest now guys
Thanks
Mal
Phoned my local yaghtshop at Holyhead today, he’s a Honda dealer, asking for a quote on a new Honwave T38,
Could not give me a price as he recons there will be non available this year.
Are they that rare these days, last time I looked people were tending to give them a bit of a wide berth due to wonky floors,
Whats the latest now guys
Thanks
Mal
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Re: Buying a T38
Forgot to ask, anyone got any experience of the Boatworld V air floor 3.8, looks like similar to the
Honwave. Whats it like quality wise, bearing in mind the cost difference
Thanks
Mal
Honwave. Whats it like quality wise, bearing in mind the cost difference
Thanks
Mal
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Buying a T38
Afternoon Compo
The boatworld jobby is likely to be of lower quality than the Honwave, I know Harrison eyeballed one earlier this year and i don't think it really impressed him.
That said, They're cheaper (for a reason ?) and available.
Resale value probably a lot lower than a trusted Honwave.
Capability, remains to be seen.
Honwave stock, No idea !!!
Martin
The boatworld jobby is likely to be of lower quality than the Honwave, I know Harrison eyeballed one earlier this year and i don't think it really impressed him.
That said, They're cheaper (for a reason ?) and available.
Resale value probably a lot lower than a trusted Honwave.
Capability, remains to be seen.
Honwave stock, No idea !!!
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Compo1804
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 150
- Joined: 24 Jul 2018, 17:16
- Boat Make: Honda Honwave 3.8IE
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 4T
- MMSI Number: 101012
- Location: west coast of Anglesey
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 16 times
Re: Buying a T38
Thanks guys, Congrats Neilj on your Honwave 3.2, you’ll enjoy it I’m sure, great fun.
Martin, thanks for your input as always, nice to have someone in the know.
Its as I suspected, lower quality, hence the price, I think you’ve beating it into me that 3.8 is the dogs danglies, unless you go to Frib/Rib, but I think my back would not take the ponding, gets a bit bumpy quite often on west coast of Anglesey.
So I’ll just be patient and wait for stock, or seek a s/h one to pop up.
Thanks, and keep safe everybody
Martin, thanks for your input as always, nice to have someone in the know.
Its as I suspected, lower quality, hence the price, I think you’ve beating it into me that 3.8 is the dogs danglies, unless you go to Frib/Rib, but I think my back would not take the ponding, gets a bit bumpy quite often on west coast of Anglesey.
So I’ll just be patient and wait for stock, or seek a s/h one to pop up.
Thanks, and keep safe everybody

-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Buying a T38
Absolutely !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -
The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.
Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -
The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.
Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Buying a T38
Absolutely !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -
The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.
Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
The F-Rib is a tool and a half on calm waters, but it’s not for a chap with an iffy back in the rough stuff.
I love it, it’s like a Rottweiler after you pinch it’s tea -
The excel gets good write ups but I think that’ll be too heavy for your back, that pretty much leaves the old trusty at the moment unless of course a new manufacturer comes through with similar.
Wonky floor or not, the T38ie is still, in my opinion - the best all round sib on the market today..
Match that with a Suzuki 20hp efi and you’re gonna struggle to beat it.
I’d have another tomorrow !!!
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: Buying a T38
So good he said it twice!
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Buying a T38
Hey, if I’ve said it once I’ll say it again...
It again !
Il get my coat
It again !
Il get my coat
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there




