New to SIB's

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

New to SIB's

Post by NeilJ » 03 Jul 2020, 15:46

Hi All, I'm new to SIB's but owned many boats over the years. Last Saturday picked up my new Honwave T3.2ie & Mariner 6hp :D . It all went a bit downhill from there :cry: , replacement T32 arrives mid July so hope this ones better. Not even got on the water. Long story short blew it up to fit transom wheels and found a seam not bonded fully. Dealer has been excellent during this.

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: New to SIB's

Post by ChrisParish » 03 Jul 2020, 16:05

Hi NeilJ and :welcome to the forum!

I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the seam, but at least the dealer will sort it for you.
A T32 with a Mariner 6 is a nice little light weight combo - where are you based / where will you be using the boat?

Any questions please shout!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to SIB's

Post by NeilJ » 03 Jul 2020, 16:21

Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome, I'm located SE of Chard so my launching points will be Charmouth (across the beach) West Bay or Lyme Regis depending what the wind id doing. Dealer has been great.

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: New to SIB's

Post by PeterM » 03 Jul 2020, 16:41

Hi Neil... Great places to boat from.. you may find me there diving one of the passenger ribs from west bay from time to time.

Great set up for that run of cost and getting to the beaches that you just can't get to otherwise :)

Erniesib Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 9
Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Bridport
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: New to SIB's

Post by Erniesib » 19 Jul 2020, 16:11

Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to SIB's

Post by NeilJ » 21 Jul 2020, 19:59

hi all, just a quick update that I collected the replacement T32 today. All looks to be good with this one so off to Portland harbour to do some engine running in tomorrow.

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to SIB's

Post by NeilJ » 21 Jul 2020, 20:01

Erniesib wrote: ↑
19 Jul 2020, 16:11
Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.
Hi Ernie, will definitely meet up soon. Just got to run the engine in.

tryingitout England
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 16:36
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Leicestershire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to SIB's

Post by tryingitout » 22 Jul 2020, 11:31

Hi, I'm new to this but pick up a FRIB 360 on Saturday. gone for a suzuki 20 hp. I'm also looking at a minn kota 55 as a trolling/recovery. Has anyone got one of these on their FRIB? I'm looking at fishing out around skegness area as well as cromer. Has anyone got any advice that they would like to share?

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: New to SIB's

Post by warder54 » 22 Jul 2020, 13:44

Hi @tryingitout
I have an F-Rib 360, USED to have a 55lb thrust electric trolling motor, OK for trolling but unless in a canal or small lake/loch - forget it as actual propulsion. Tried it for a days pottering in the Norfolk broads, it was painfully slow and was almost stopped by wash from other boats. No way would I use it as a "get you home" at sea or large lake. Would have been faster using the oars.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

NeilJ England
I'm New
Posts: 16
Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Mariner 6hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Chard S, Somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: New to SIB's

Post by NeilJ » 22 Jul 2020, 15:25

Ok, so 3 hours of pottering around in Weymouth Bay all I can say is what a hoot. The T32 is a great boat even with 6hp. I am very pleased with it to say the least.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”