The bag is fastened under the seat by attaching webbing straps to the seat using screws and large washers.
I have two Crewsaver 165 Sport lifejackets and they are superb. I set one off yesterday, as the gas cylinder had corroded (so it failed inspection). They certainly work!
I don’t actually sit on the seat in my boat. I find that I have to sit a long way forward to balance the boat, but I am a big guy so you might not have that problem. Most people can sit on the seat in its rear position. I just use the seat as a means to hold my fish finder and phone, and somewhere to sit while fishing.
I used to use a tiller extension with my old
Mariner, but I have not found that I need it with the Suzuki.
What do you carry on your Sib
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post:
- Sibfisher (19 May 2020, 07:53)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Sibfisher
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
- Boat Make: Elling KB 350
- Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 1
- Location: Tui, Spain
- Has thanked: 113 times
- Been thanked: 95 times
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
Chris
Thanks for all the advice
at the moment it seems like a bottom less pit buying one thing after another.
I guess this is normal new boat, new outboard, trailer and that is just the start the list goes on and with me taking it to Spain it is best to get the gear I need here as much more chioce and be prepared.
Also get the advice the members on what to do and buy.
By the time I am finished I have all the gear and no idea
Thanks for all the advice
I guess this is normal new boat, new outboard, trailer and that is just the start the list goes on and with me taking it to Spain it is best to get the gear I need here as much more chioce and be prepared.
Also get the advice the members on what to do and buy.
By the time I am finished I have all the gear and no idea
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
One thing I often tell people who are budgeting for a boat is to assume the boat and engine will use about 2/3 of your budget. The other third is for life jackets, ropes, whistles, gps, radio.... the list is endless!
- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post (total 2):
- RONHAS (18 May 2020, 17:36) • Sarah (18 May 2020, 22:54)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
We are great at writing shopping lists for people!
Go into any chandlery and you'll come out with things you never knew you needed! :-)
Keep asking the questions.
Ref LJs vs Buoyancy Aids - lots to consider but Great guide from RNLI here on what to look for https://rnli.org/safety/lifejackets Interesting info on cold water shock in it too.
Go into any chandlery and you'll come out with things you never knew you needed! :-)
Keep asking the questions.
Ref LJs vs Buoyancy Aids - lots to consider but Great guide from RNLI here on what to look for https://rnli.org/safety/lifejackets Interesting info on cold water shock in it too.
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
-
Sibfisher
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
- Boat Make: Elling KB 350
- Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 1
- Location: Tui, Spain
- Has thanked: 113 times
- Been thanked: 95 times
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
Sarah
Very good post you put there explaining the types and uses of the different life jackets, show how important they are
Very good post you put there explaining the types and uses of the different life jackets, show how important they are
-
bun
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 14 May 2018, 08:46
- Boat Make: boatworld 330 v floor
- Outboard: tohatsu 4stroke 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Edinburgh
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 20 times
Re: What do you carry on your Sib
anchor,rope, rubble bucket ,clothes in a dry bag . knife, hand saw foldable ,axe , if camping only dead wood , .patch repair kit . first aid bag and duck tape best first aid bit o kit ,fish finder, compass from kayak days ,throw bag also from kayak days , 12voltx27amp battery lightbox ,food plenty fresh water cooking stuff if camping bait lures 2 rods reels and bag for the fash lol outboard 9. 8 tohatsu now and 330 v air deck could cut half of that out if day tripping


