....and it’s exactly this kind of mentality why we’re all in this bloody lockdown. Classic.sladonians wrote: ↑13 May 2020, 09:46The other thing is that even if the harbours are open the pubs and restaurants wont likely be, so again I may leave it a couple of weeks to see how things pan out
let me out
-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: let me out
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
-
sonny1
- Super Poster
- Posts: 864
- Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
- Boat Make: xs 515
- Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
- MMSI Number: 232027436
- Location: hitchin ,herts
- Has thanked: 709 times
- Been thanked: 204 times
Re: let me out
hi all ,i had a tour round today . started at baiterpark in poole ,nothing on the water but interestingly spoke to a fella just about to launch a rib and two small sailing boats ,him his wife and two small children so i asked why there wasnt anybody out on the water and he explained that he was a member of a local yacht club and he was only launching at baiter because his yacht club had comandered the slip for the day and when pressed on why no one was out he said ,and i quote "no one wants you here". when pressed further he said the locals like things as they are now. ,,, read into that what you will. any way i went from there to lymington . ....open ,even though their website says its closed, ,,,calshot ,,,open even though they dont answer the phone. like i said yesterday some people have another agenda. no public toilets anywhere open . all that aside i had a lovely day and a nice picnic in the new forest. didnt get within 15 feet of another person all day. all things considered i will be on the water next thursday or friday whether im wanted or not
-
Roy54
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 310
- Joined: 26 Nov 2018, 19:04
- Boat Make: Zodiac Pro 500
- Outboard: Yamaha 60 EFI
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Southampton
- Has thanked: 124 times
- Been thanked: 74 times
Re: let me out
@sonny1 Sounds like a nice day out, glad you had fun and didn't experience too much hostility. I was working at GKN in East Cowes today and there was only a few boats on the Medina. You're lucky to be able to go during the week, avoiding the predicted mad rush this weekend. Keep safe
Roy
Roy
-
sonny1
- Super Poster
- Posts: 864
- Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
- Boat Make: xs 515
- Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
- MMSI Number: 232027436
- Location: hitchin ,herts
- Has thanked: 709 times
- Been thanked: 204 times
Re: let me out
hi @Roy54 i must say roy im eager to see my new xs 515 ,60 mercury next to your setup . just hope its soon . lets keep in touch
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: let me out
OK.. its not a sib or a rib... but its really good fun! I'm planning a day tomorrow....2 of us on 2 vessels and a tow rope to cater for issues and both very experienced on the water in all situations.
I'm a ' local ' to Poole and hate seeing it so dead on the water.... be sensible, ' be aware ' ( read that somewhere!).... but life has to be lived for it be life.
I'll be very open... I'll had some dark days in lockdown mentally... its been depressing when being on the water is my medication for dealing with stress and pressure and I can't get to Di that in the perfect conditions. I suspect there are lots in a similar situation unable to do what they need to do to manage their lives.
I'll be in the water tomorrow with support and every bit of kit needed...
I'm looking forward to whatever the new normal is and don't see a reason why it can't involve boating .... we just need to find a way of doing it that is 'safe.... as it can be.... be that on our own boats or together.
I think it was a really clever aircraft designer said...;
Anything is possible.. the question is do we really need it and can we really afford it.
I think this applies to the situation we are in now?
I'm a ' local ' to Poole and hate seeing it so dead on the water.... be sensible, ' be aware ' ( read that somewhere!).... but life has to be lived for it be life.
I'll be very open... I'll had some dark days in lockdown mentally... its been depressing when being on the water is my medication for dealing with stress and pressure and I can't get to Di that in the perfect conditions. I suspect there are lots in a similar situation unable to do what they need to do to manage their lives.
I'll be in the water tomorrow with support and every bit of kit needed...
I'm looking forward to whatever the new normal is and don't see a reason why it can't involve boating .... we just need to find a way of doing it that is 'safe.... as it can be.... be that on our own boats or together.
I think it was a really clever aircraft designer said...;
Anything is possible.. the question is do we really need it and can we really afford it.
I think this applies to the situation we are in now?
-
sonny1
- Super Poster
- Posts: 864
- Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
- Boat Make: xs 515
- Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
- MMSI Number: 232027436
- Location: hitchin ,herts
- Has thanked: 709 times
- Been thanked: 204 times
Re: let me out
thanks @PeterM a good positive attitude in my opinion. the word safe keeps coming up and i wonder if some body could calculate the billions of hours that boaters spend on the water against the number of hours that are spent rescuing them . it must be miniscule.particularly at our level of boating. every aspect of living is to some extent dangerous. have a great day out tomorrow ,i know my day yesterday, just seeing the water lifted my mood massively
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: let me out
@sonny1 I’m sorry to hear about the “we don’t want you here” comment - that’s a bit crap. I am pleased that being by the sea has lifted your mood.
@PeterM I sympathise with the mental health point. My wife suffers very badly with PTSD and anxiety and I have been struggling with depression. When I bought my boat I almost called it serotonin as it is how I lift my mood.
I am very eager to get back on the water, so today I will be getting all the kit out and giving it a once, twice and possibly thrice over: inflate and clean the boat, check and run the engine, inflate the lifejackets, test all the kit, check ropes for mouse damage and maybe even give the fishing tackle a quick check.
@PeterM I sympathise with the mental health point. My wife suffers very badly with PTSD and anxiety and I have been struggling with depression. When I bought my boat I almost called it serotonin as it is how I lift my mood.
I am very eager to get back on the water, so today I will be getting all the kit out and giving it a once, twice and possibly thrice over: inflate and clean the boat, check and run the engine, inflate the lifejackets, test all the kit, check ropes for mouse damage and maybe even give the fishing tackle a quick check.
- These users thanked the author ChrisParish for the post (total 3):
- sonny1 (16 May 2020, 08:08) • PeterM (16 May 2020, 14:11) • sladonians (16 May 2020, 20:25)
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: let me out
Just the knowledge you can go out of you want to is enough to lift my mood... its partly why I have a sib, rib, and ski.. no matter what the weather i can go out and have the space I need.
There were lots of jetski out today....i think due to the fact you can use them alone. I've just pic a few pics in my Instagram... its my name so not hard to find... Peter Matcham....
Doesn't matter how you get out on the water.. if it makes you smile and feel good... then it's the right thing for you. ;)
There were lots of jetski out today....i think due to the fact you can use them alone. I've just pic a few pics in my Instagram... its my name so not hard to find... Peter Matcham....
Doesn't matter how you get out on the water.. if it makes you smile and feel good... then it's the right thing for you. ;)
-
Sibfisher
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 420
- Joined: 21 Feb 2020, 18:18
- Boat Make: Elling KB 350
- Outboard: Orca 9.8 4 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 1
- Location: Tui, Spain
- Has thanked: 113 times
- Been thanked: 95 times
Re: let me out
I am sorry to hear how some of you are suffering and the problems you have it must be realy hard, it must feel a relive to escape the normal routines of life and problems and to be out there on your boats.
I like my fishing and to me it is the same to get out to the River or Lake to escape from the normal routine and be with mother nature.
This being my first boat I am so much looking forward myself to the experience and the feeling of being free and forgetting about the day to day problems that you hear about on a daily basis.
I have found a place where I can launch my boat on the river weaver at Winsford on the flash which is a fair size lake joining with the river so will give some experience before I take it to Spain where I will be using it in the estuary and inland for fishing.
Lets hope in the very near future you will be able to use the boats as basically it is a self isolation so whats the problem.
I like my fishing and to me it is the same to get out to the River or Lake to escape from the normal routine and be with mother nature.
This being my first boat I am so much looking forward myself to the experience and the feeling of being free and forgetting about the day to day problems that you hear about on a daily basis.
I have found a place where I can launch my boat on the river weaver at Winsford on the flash which is a fair size lake joining with the river so will give some experience before I take it to Spain where I will be using it in the estuary and inland for fishing.
Lets hope in the very near future you will be able to use the boats as basically it is a self isolation so whats the problem.
-
TheDampMan1
- I'm New
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Stoke on Trent
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: let me out
Hi
We are not too far from you and new to sibs as well so need to get some same experience can you let me know where in Winsford you can lunch from please.
We are not too far from you and new to sibs as well so need to get some same experience can you let me know where in Winsford you can lunch from please.


