I Blame the finger!
-
TheDampMan1
- I'm New
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Stoke on Trent
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
I Blame the finger!
Hi All
We have just purchased a honwave t40 alloy deck.
Having never looked at one before it was one of those impulse buys late at night after a few drinks and the bidding finger went into action !
The boat is 5 months old been used a few times 15hp mercury engine, got it home blew it up, it’s a big heavy lump.
We love wild camping in Scotland also have a defender our plan is to throw the boat in a trailer and do some island hopping/camping particularly in the Hebrides.
Having had very little experience of sibs im sure I will be asking loads of dumb questions.
If you could point me into the right direction it would be appreciated.
1) Best lunching wheels what do you recommend?
2) Best 12v inflation pump
3) Outboard motor trolley/carrier /transporter
4) Fm radio and other safety equipment.
Thanks
Steve
We have just purchased a honwave t40 alloy deck.
Having never looked at one before it was one of those impulse buys late at night after a few drinks and the bidding finger went into action !
The boat is 5 months old been used a few times 15hp mercury engine, got it home blew it up, it’s a big heavy lump.
We love wild camping in Scotland also have a defender our plan is to throw the boat in a trailer and do some island hopping/camping particularly in the Hebrides.
Having had very little experience of sibs im sure I will be asking loads of dumb questions.
If you could point me into the right direction it would be appreciated.
1) Best lunching wheels what do you recommend?
2) Best 12v inflation pump
3) Outboard motor trolley/carrier /transporter
4) Fm radio and other safety equipment.
Thanks
Steve
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
Welcome tp the fountain of knowledge - I'll pass and wait for T40 owners to guide you on the right course.
Welcome to our happy place
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
RONHAS
- Active Member
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 22 Oct 2018, 08:46
- Boat Make: Foldable F-RIB 360
- Outboard: Yamaha: 6HP & 2.5HP 4stroke short shaft
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Portugal
- Has thanked: 32 times
- Been thanked: 24 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
Life is that, life is a bet
Regarding 12v pump inflator mine is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SCOPREGA ... 1734359567
I have an F-RIB 360 and it folds it up nicely
As a outboard motor trolley you can choose something like this:
https://www.youboatmarine.com/folding-o ... 4464-p.asp
Regarding 12v pump inflator mine is:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-SCOPREGA ... 1734359567
I have an F-RIB 360 and it folds it up nicely
As a outboard motor trolley you can choose something like this:
https://www.youboatmarine.com/folding-o ... 4464-p.asp
-
sonny1
- Super Poster
- Posts: 864
- Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
- Boat Make: xs 515
- Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
- MMSI Number: 232027436
- Location: hitchin ,herts
- Has thanked: 709 times
- Been thanked: 204 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
hi mate, look at the youtube videos of donny wilcox . you will love them, mostly west coast of scotland
-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
Hi Steve,
Sounds like a good buy...hope your finger soon recovers.
Agree the T40 is a heavy old lump, but also a very capable machine with lots of room, big tubes and good sea keeping.
Kit wise lots of options and here are my preferences...other makes are available!
Transom wheels - Trem heavy duty.
Cheap pump (slow) - Decathlon Itiwit
Cheap pump (not quite as slow) - Sevylor
Expensive pumps - Bravo or Genova/Europa
Outboard trolley - Cheap sack truck (diy modified) from say Machine Mart.
VHF - Standard Horizon HX890 DSC handheld radio.
Sounds like a good buy...hope your finger soon recovers.
Agree the T40 is a heavy old lump, but also a very capable machine with lots of room, big tubes and good sea keeping.
Kit wise lots of options and here are my preferences...other makes are available!
Transom wheels - Trem heavy duty.
Cheap pump (slow) - Decathlon Itiwit
Cheap pump (not quite as slow) - Sevylor
Expensive pumps - Bravo or Genova/Europa
Outboard trolley - Cheap sack truck (diy modified) from say Machine Mart.
VHF - Standard Horizon HX890 DSC handheld radio.
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
-
TheDampMan1
- I'm New
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Stoke on Trent
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
Thankyou for all your replies.
After much thought of my impulsive purchase I have decided to sell! although the boat is in great condition we just don’t think we could cope with the weight also we would not be using a boat trailer and the inflation is a bit time consuming so it will have to go, my original plan was a f-rib im now on the lookout for one of these.
After much thought of my impulsive purchase I have decided to sell! although the boat is in great condition we just don’t think we could cope with the weight also we would not be using a boat trailer and the inflation is a bit time consuming so it will have to go, my original plan was a f-rib im now on the lookout for one of these.
-
HiltonHeadMatt
- I'm New
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 30 Apr 2020, 21:46
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Hilton Head Island
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 1 time
- Contact:
Re: I Blame the finger!
Impressive! I've never drunk shopped a SIB w/ outboard b4... maybe im not being adventurous enough lol
Welcome!
Welcome!
-
TheDampMan1
- I'm New
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 07 May 2020, 14:38
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Stoke on Trent
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
-
eddzoid
- Active Member
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 21 Jan 2020, 08:02
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: DEREHAM
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 14 times
Re: I Blame the finger!
Hi. This is my set up. The trolley is a motor toter. You can keep the ob on it & roll it into the car. The wheels are F-RIB, but there are ones identical on the market. Ps, I’m also a newbie who hasn’t had a chance to get the boat out yet.
- Attachments
-
FullSizeRender.mov [ 85.02 MiB | Viewed 898 times ]



