I figured the tubes would still be vulnerable to damage but in my mind I imagine that a RIB with compromised tubes is still more sea worthy than a SIB with compromised hull? in an emergency situation just so I stay protected from the razor sharp oysters. and thats a great idea I was hoping I could glue some reinforcements like that to the top of the tubes as well for the tube section where i throw and retrieve crab pots and cast net etc.harrison wrote: ↑01 May 2020, 11:24
See why you’re drawn to the ally hull ribs but the tubes particularly at the rear will still be in the water and prone to damage, more so at non planing speeds. You could always add full length heavy duty wear pads/liners under the waterline to act as a sacrificial layer.
I have considered the Fribs but the only available are twice the price of the boats I am currently considering within my budgetharrison wrote: ↑01 May 2020, 11:24
To accommodate your storage issues have you considered an FRib. Still need to seriously protect u/s of toobs, but at least it has a rigid hull and folds up.
Out of interest what do others use in your neck of the woods?
A ‘tinny’ springs to my mind....as good for marshes and creeks etc.
I am pretty sure most people who have small vessels have hard hull/non inflatables like aluminum john boats and lots of 20k plus smallers skiffs and deal with a trailer and storage space. It's a super rich area- there are properties in the 10s millions
by not getting storage around here I would save about $5,000 dollars over the 5 years of Manufacturer stated lifetime/warrante of the SIB/RIB








