Post
by James » 05 Nov 2015, 16:05
The biggest disadvantage with the F-Rib is the ability to tie everything down. If I flip the boat I don't all my stuff to sink lol
On my old SIB that now belongs to Pete I glued some D-Rings on the tubes. They look messy but worked real well.
I guess I could put some on the deck using fiber glass matting to hold them down, but I don't want to screw the warranty up.
I was planning to put my fuel tank up the front, but have since decided that is probably a bad idea as it weighs a lot. So the front will be used to store 2x 5Lt Jerry cans (When on longer trips), a water proof bag and an anchor. My tools go in to the bag under my seat as does the mobile phone, rope and spare spark plugs.
The fuel tank will remain in the middle of the boat and tied down. I may even put it in the back purely because that area is wasted space and would leave more room for my feet. It's not idea though as all the weight is at the back then.
I thought about the car net idea and I think that would work too.
James
2015 F-Rib 360 married to a 1999 fully rebuilt 15hp 2 Stroke Johnson engine and 22 litre fuel tank.
Mods: Launch wheels, Towing Eyes, 2 Bench Seat Cushions, and 1 Bench Seat Bag
Boat name: Cichlid