Newbie Here

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
The Sweetcorn Kid England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Aug 2019, 21:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Portsmouth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie Here

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid » 26 Aug 2019, 07:43

Hi guys. Just got myself an Intex Mariner 3 and took it to France to aid with carp fishing for a week. Love it already, very sturdy and well built. Plan is to fish around the creeks of Hilsea area for flatties and such like, certainly not planning on gutting the open sea. My parents told me there's a sign at Portscreek saying no inflatables. Do you think that means any inflatable, or do they mean cheap toy ones? Didn't want to get out there and get myself in trouble.

Thanks in advance
Stu

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Newbie Here

Post by Martin » 26 Aug 2019, 07:50

Hi Stu, welcome aboard :wavey

One of the locals will advise you better, though I would guess no inflatables refers to the inflatable toys..

Enjoy the forum, we’ve a great crew aboard and they’re all happy to help and advise whenever you may need it.

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

The Sweetcorn Kid England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Aug 2019, 21:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Portsmouth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Newbie Here

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid » 26 Aug 2019, 08:23

Thanks Martin. I did think that but just thought I'd seek the advice of the experts.

Stu

The Sweetcorn Kid England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Aug 2019, 21:08
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Portsmouth
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Newbie Here

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid » 29 Sep 2019, 13:18

Well I got out for the first time yesterday. Didn't venture out too far as it was a touch choppy. Great experience gained though, first time launching and using an outboard. Very successful, even caught a few schoolies.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”