Beach Fishing
-
jonsy
- Active Member
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 12:32
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: weymouth
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Beach Fishing
Well I have a passion for fishing off the beach and last Tuesday when I was lure fishing , I caught a couple of garfish . Whilst I was casting and retrieving im always looking at what is going on in the sea , then about 30yds from where I was fishing I saw all these garfish making a B-line for the shore and the next thing a dolphin jumped out the water . Needless to say it was a cracking sight to see and well I did not catch much after that , but seeing the dolphin made my afternoon.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Beach Fishing
Wow! Where did you see that, Jonsy?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
jonsy
- Active Member
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 06 Jun 2019, 12:32
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: weymouth
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Beach Fishing
Just past the nature reserve on the causeway going to Portland there is a roundabout at the roundabout turn right so you go up the slip road and park there . Probably one of the only places where parking is free . Then you have the walk up chesil bank .
-
billfish3r
- I'm New
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 21 Oct 2019, 19:42
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Beach Fishing
I love beach fishing. Usually I just sit on the beach, put my rod in a holder and wait for the fishes to bite. I don't always get a bite but the whole experience is very relaxing.
-
lhargraves43
- I'm New
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Jun 2020, 15:26
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: New York, New York
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
- Contact:
Re: Beach Fishing
Beaches are fun and relaxing. My routine is usually fishing in the morning and the late afternoon and evening is spent combing the beach with my metal detector. This is why I always carry my trusty GearLight LED Tactical Flashlight; its light is bright enough to see even the smallest coins in the dark . If youre looking to buy a flashlight, you should read this article.
-
Stray
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 10 Jun 2015, 10:52
- Location: Oop North.
- Has thanked: 34 times
- Been thanked: 99 times
Re: Beach Fishing
Pumped some bait at the weekend;
Went fishing down the cliffs on Monday.
Caught seven and kept four.
And this little fellow, which was returned.
Hope the winter shore fishing is better than the sumer boat fishing. 


