T40 honda Honwave

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
tomo1066 England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Aug 2019, 11:11
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Canterbury
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

T40 honda Honwave

Post by tomo1066 » 25 Aug 2019, 11:30

My name is Tomo and I have had dealings with boats of one kind or another since I was 12. I now have a T40 Honda Honwave, what is the recommended hp outboard carrying 2 persons in order to get up on the plane. It is brand new we have just bought it.

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: T40 honda Honwave

Post by ChrisParish » 25 Aug 2019, 12:41

I would say 9.9 as a bare minimum. 15 or 20hp would be my recommendation. Suzuki or Mercury / Mariner are the current brands of choice here on the forum.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

Patrick-H Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 Aug 2019, 16:57
Boat Make: Excel Volante 360
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Location: Uphall
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: T40 honda Honwave

Post by Patrick-H » 26 Aug 2019, 08:48

As big as you can afford or lift within the spec of the boat :) A 15 and 20 are typically the same size/weight, so for the £300+ difference if you're at this size, I'd go for the 20.

tomo1066 England
I'm New
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Aug 2019, 11:11
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Canterbury
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: T40 honda Honwave

Post by tomo1066 » 26 Aug 2019, 08:51

Many thanks for your replies.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”