Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by Mitch » 26 Jun 2019, 11:27

Date purchased: August 2017.
Supplying dealer: Bridger marine, Exeter.
Model purchased: Honwave t38ie2.
Quality acceptable: N.
Returned to dealer fo replacement: Y.
0D299881-6400-4CFD-AF64-6F6E32C8A4EB.jpeg
89F836C1-F216-43F1-8AEE-24AA4DA615E1.jpeg
These users thanked the author Mitch for the post:
Martin (28 Jun 2020, 07:42)

knaus470 Great Britain
I'm New
Posts: 22
Joined: 10 Jul 2019, 22:49
Location: Pennines
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by knaus470 » 12 Jul 2019, 16:31

Hello all,

In what year did the 'quality issues' with Honwave begin, or have they always been there

The reason I ask is that the boat I'm looking at was originally sold from new in May 2016

Just wondering if this is likely to pre-date the Honwave Banana boats ? ;-)

chris moody Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2348
Joined: 24 Mar 2015, 12:19
Boat Make: Takacat 3.4
Outboard: Tohatsu 9.8 2s
MMSI Number: 235900806
Location: Braunston
Has thanked: 146 times
Been thanked: 443 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by chris moody » 12 Jul 2019, 16:56

I had a wonky Honwave in 2016, but back then a bad one was a rarity. Now it seems wonky Honwaves are commonplace. All you can do with a secondhand one is inspect the boat thoroughly with it inflated before handing over the money.
Chris Moody
Taka Tigga: Takacat 3.4 Tohatsu 9.8

Patrick-H Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 29
Joined: 18 Aug 2019, 16:57
Boat Make: Excel Volante 360
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Location: Uphall
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by Patrick-H » 18 Aug 2019, 18:09

Just sold 15 hardboat, shortlisted honwave & excel. Researched, found issues, and have mentally rejected the honwave. I’ll be ordering from Excel this week.
These users thanked the author Patrick-H for the post:
Martin (13 Feb 2020, 10:12)

Sibfish England
I'm New
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Jul 2019, 06:42
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Deal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by Sibfish » 25 Jun 2020, 21:25

Date purchased 2020
Supplying Dealer Gillingham marina
Model Purchased = T38ie
Quality Acceptable? Unsure
Returned to dealer for replacement ? Not yet
Returned to dealer for refund ? Not Yet
Reluctantly kept but unhappy? For now

Hi guys i just bought a t38 and the keel is off by about 1/2 inch mabe more. (hopefully the images load)

If i push on the higher side the issue is gone and then if i push again the issue is on the other side.

What do you think i should do?
Attachments
20200625_165455.jpg
20200625_165352.jpg
20200625_165330.jpg
These users thanked the author Sibfish for the post:
Martin (28 Jun 2020, 07:41)

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by harrison » 26 Jun 2020, 12:52

Hi Sibfish,

Sorry to hear you have hull problems, very annoying.

To be honest, whilst not perfect, I’ve seen a lot, lot worse. We had three warranty replacements and even the best one was not much better than yours.

The good news is that small amount of asymmetry will have absolutely no negative effect on performance. It’s purely an aesthetic fault.

Appreciate not much consolation as they should be perfect, but it’ll be pot luck if any replacement will be appreciably better.
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

gratemaker Scotland
Active Member
Posts: 91
Joined: 09 Mar 2019, 09:36
MMSI Number: 10
Location: johnstone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by gratemaker » 26 Jun 2020, 13:51

Hi mate, the one i have is much the same as yours when i first noticed it i was in a downer but after a couple of outings it handles fine, go to the videos and look up Dave Rolph 2019 loch lomond hope this makes you feel a bit better but if not sure send it back.

Gareth Mck Great Britain
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 27
Joined: 30 May 2020, 06:37
Boat Make: Honwave T38
Outboard: Honda 20
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Beverley
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Honda Marine - Honwave Air Floor Range- (Quality Control Issues)

Post by Gareth Mck » 26 Jun 2020, 13:53

Date purchased = 30/05/2020
Supplying Dealer = Seamark Nunn
Model Purchased =38ie2
Quality Acceptable? = No, Floor good, but leak from floor.
Returned to dealer for replacement ? Yes
Returned to dealer for refund ? = No
Reluctantly kept but unhappy? = I am happy so far with my replacement.

I checked my first boat after seeing the reports of asymmetrical Hulls and was really happy with the boat as it was perfect! That was until until I heard one of the floor sections leaking through a puncture under a seal I couldn't get too. Returned to Dealer, prompt replacement sent. Upon inspection the second boats hull was also perfectly formed, and I'm pleased to report other than having to remove and replace the inspection plate to mount the wheels all is great with the boat. :thumbsup
These users thanked the author Gareth Mck for the post:
Martin (28 Jun 2020, 07:40)

Post Reply

Return to “Honwave”