New member
-
smokinjoescbr
- I'm New
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Apr 2019, 22:24
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Lake Hughes
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
New member
Hello everyone,
I've been watching some forum members videos on youtube and though this looks like a cool group to join. I am fairly new to sibs having only had my zodiac cadet 310 for a few years now. It has served me well mostly for motoring around the lakes here in southern california, but i'm going to be upgrading soon (after watching your videos) to something that might be better suited to some blue water adventures.
I've been watching some forum members videos on youtube and though this looks like a cool group to join. I am fairly new to sibs having only had my zodiac cadet 310 for a few years now. It has served me well mostly for motoring around the lakes here in southern california, but i'm going to be upgrading soon (after watching your videos) to something that might be better suited to some blue water adventures.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: New member
Hi smokinjoescbr!
to the forum!
My first boat was a Zodiac cadet 310 as well and I have done hundreds of hours in it over the years. What are you looking at as a replacement?
My first boat was a Zodiac cadet 310 as well and I have done hundreds of hours in it over the years. What are you looking at as a replacement?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: New member
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
-
smokinjoescbr
- I'm New
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Apr 2019, 22:24
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Lake Hughes
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New member
simonk, the weather here is beautiful most of the year especially on the coast. Inland, especially at the mountain lakes it can get cold but nothing that would prevent a person from going out on the water.
Chris, I put a deposit on a Achilles SGX-122 at the nearest inflatable store (about 1.5 hours away) in Ventura California, it looks to be a quality boat from what I can tell and its Hypalon!
Chris, I put a deposit on a Achilles SGX-122 at the nearest inflatable store (about 1.5 hours away) in Ventura California, it looks to be a quality boat from what I can tell and its Hypalon!
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: New member
I have had a look at the specs for that boat and it looks good. My Honwave is PVC but as it doesn’t live outside and probably only does around 100 hours a year it doesn’t really matter.
Post some pics when you get it!
Post some pics when you get it!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
smokinjoescbr
- I'm New
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 16 Apr 2019, 22:24
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Lake Hughes
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New member
Just picked up the Achilles today, the shop was having their annual tent sale so I was able to get the boat, a set of danard dinghy wheels, an under seat bag, and the registration for less than the sticker price of the boat!! I will try and get some pics up soon. The build quality of the boat is fantastic, with a little care I think the boat will last me for many years. The only downside to the boat is its a heavy beast to lug around in the bag, but I do have a hand truck I could use to get it around.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: New member
Excellent! Glad you managed to get a deal. I look forward to seeing some pictures.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
richard_thomson
- Active Member
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 10:57
- Boat Make: Honwave T38ie
- Outboard: Mariner 15hp EFI 4stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Paisley
- Has thanked: 27 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: New member
Hi @smokinjoescbr and welcome! Looking forward to seeing your set-up and some photos in the California sun!smokinjoescbr wrote: ↑05 May 2019, 02:12Just picked up the Achilles today, the shop was having their annual tent sale so I was able to get the boat, a set of danard dinghy wheels, an under seat bag, and the registration for less than the sticker price of the boat!! I will try and get some pics up soon. The build quality of the boat is fantastic, with a little care I think the boat will last me for many years. The only downside to the boat is its a heavy beast to lug around in the bag, but I do have a hand truck I could use to get it around.


