Yeah been volunteering here for over 18 years. Few work/life balance problems lately have kept me away for a bit but still do my party.
Howdo
-
Wrighty1121
- I'm New
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 24 Mar 2019, 17:45
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Carlisle
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Howdo
I helm an Atlantic 85 B class lifeboat 8.5m in length with twin 115hp 4 strokes.The Hobbit wrote: ↑24 Mar 2019, 18:56Hi Steven andto the forum. Lot's of great guys and girls in here from all walks of life and boaty types. What size craft do you helm?
![]()
![]()
-
Steve
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 336
- Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS - MMSI Number: 235902190
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 80 times
- Been thanked: 63 times
Re: Howdo
Hello Steven and 
Good luck with your Rib project - will be great when you can take it out when finished!
I too volunteer with the local lifeboat (Kinghorn) - only a fundraiser though, not on the crew...

Steve
Good luck with your Rib project - will be great when you can take it out when finished!
I too volunteer with the local lifeboat (Kinghorn) - only a fundraiser though, not on the crew...
Steve
-
Sonofgum
- Active Member
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 17:02
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20 HP 4 stroke
- MMSI Number: 235918570
- Location: Carlisle
- Has thanked: 9 times
- Been thanked: 24 times
- Contact:
Re: Howdo
Hi Stephen
Welcome, I'm not too far away from you either. I good friend of mine, Andy, also crews on the Silloth RNLI boat you may well know him. Do you launch your boat at Silloth or else where. For the past year and a half I've been boating on Ullswater and I'm determined to give the Solway ago this year but where to launch. Andy says to go down the slipway at the RNLI station but the angle of the slope terrifies me so was thinking of launching off the beach at Maryport, something perhaps more manageable when I'm solo.
Regards
Phil posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=3281#
Welcome, I'm not too far away from you either. I good friend of mine, Andy, also crews on the Silloth RNLI boat you may well know him. Do you launch your boat at Silloth or else where. For the past year and a half I've been boating on Ullswater and I'm determined to give the Solway ago this year but where to launch. Andy says to go down the slipway at the RNLI station but the angle of the slope terrifies me so was thinking of launching off the beach at Maryport, something perhaps more manageable when I'm solo.
Regards
Phil posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=3281#
-
Sarah
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 18 Feb 2018, 20:05
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 362 times
- Been thanked: 123 times
- Contact:
Re: Howdo
Please feel free to ask questions about training & RYA qualifications, if you're not local we will try to point you in the right direction!
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
Dorset Marine Training, Poole - 01202 901267, www.dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
sarah@dorsetmarinetraining.co.uk
-
Wrighty1121
- I'm New
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 24 Mar 2019, 17:45
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Carlisle
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0


