Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Hi folks,
One of the project engines I have at the moment is a practically unused 1980’s Selva 20hp 2 stroke. We think it was bought and given to a school for teaching but all the kids ever did was take the flywheel on and off.
I am looking for a fuel line adapter for it. It is a single barb type, which uses the same barb for retaining the clip and passing the fuel( I don’t have a photo at the mo, but will post one when I get back from holiday)
Any idea where I can get something like this, or should I modify the engine to use a more modern adapter?
One of the project engines I have at the moment is a practically unused 1980’s Selva 20hp 2 stroke. We think it was bought and given to a school for teaching but all the kids ever did was take the flywheel on and off.
I am looking for a fuel line adapter for it. It is a single barb type, which uses the same barb for retaining the clip and passing the fuel( I don’t have a photo at the mo, but will post one when I get back from holiday)
Any idea where I can get something like this, or should I modify the engine to use a more modern adapter?
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Haveyou got a pic ? I 'might have one tucked away in the garage - might be the same as the zodiac fuel bladder fixing ?
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
I’ll post you a pic as soon as I get home on Friday!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Yeah. Something like that. Let me find the part from the engine and i’ll Measure it.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
That looks like my 9hp suzuki coupling. (1978 smoker)
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Hi folks,
Here is the Adapter from the engine. I need a fuel line coupling which connects to this.
It is 7mm in diameter at its widest, 5.2mm at the narrowest, I have knocked up a quick drawing Any help would be much appreciated!
Here is the Adapter from the engine. I need a fuel line coupling which connects to this.
It is 7mm in diameter at its widest, 5.2mm at the narrowest, I have knocked up a quick drawing Any help would be much appreciated!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Shaun
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 05 Mar 2018, 15:15
- Boat Make: F-Rib 430
- Outboard: Evinrude E-Tec 30
- Location: Epsom
- Has thanked: 37 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
- These users thanked the author Shaun for the post:
- ChrisParish (13 Dec 2018, 14:04)
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Thanks Shaun, unfortunately it isn’t in stock. 

Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
Shaun
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 05 Mar 2018, 15:15
- Boat Make: F-Rib 430
- Outboard: Evinrude E-Tec 30
- Location: Epsom
- Has thanked: 37 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: Fuel line connector for 1980’s Selva 20hp
Its from the guys @ PacerMarine, they a top bunch. Give them a call. Might be able to source you 1.



