Have many of you taken your sibs on the norfolk broad while staying on a boat hired from hoseasons or richardsons?
I did this last year, i called before hand to make sure it was ok to do so and they seemed reasonably happy with it aslong as i signed the insireance waiver and had insurance and paid the toll to board authority which i did and all was great.
Im going back there in a couple of weeks planning to do exactly.the same. So i called and asked to make sure and the lady on the phone was like "erm im not sure ill put you to a manager" i then spoke to the manager he said "we dont really like our boats towing boats other than our own, and the fact that i planned to habe an outboard on my boat aswell made things even more difficult". So i pointed out to him that july last year they had no issues with me doing this ans long as i signed the insurance waiver he then said "thats ok then aslong as the waiver is signed and you dont take the motor or fuel on our boat".
I dont really understand why they couldnt just tell me that from the get go and save me about half an hour of time on the phone
Norfolk broads hire boat issue
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Norfolk broads hire boat issue
I think if you dig a little deeper you will find that the issue will be with the fuel for the outboard and the fire risk it posses to their propperty and the liability on their insurance.
I would be interested to see their stance on the matter if it was an electric outboard?
Just a thought...
I would be interested to see their stance on the matter if it was an electric outboard?
Just a thought...
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Norfolk broads hire boat issue
A lot of insurance companies will insist that fuel for boat tenders is kept on deck and not in the boat.
Also this is why you will see small outboard mounted high on brackets on the back of yatchs.
Also this is why you will see small outboard mounted high on brackets on the back of yatchs.
-
darren
- I'm New
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 09 Nov 2017, 18:36
- Boat Make: honwave t35 ae2
- Outboard: yamaha 20hp
yamaha 6hp - Location: United Kingdom
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Norfolk broads hire boat issue
I think you maybe be right about it being a fuel and outboard issues, but i made it clear that both woyld stay chained to my boat, to be honest i got the impression it was more of an upselling of there awful rowing boats
I just dont understand why they were perfectly helpfull last year and being difficult this year
I just dont understand why they were perfectly helpfull last year and being difficult this year
-
Andy B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
- Location: lost in space
- Has thanked: 78 times
- Been thanked: 252 times
Re: Norfolk broads hire boat issue
Could be either a change in insurance policy or something has happened in the past 12 months that's highlighted an issue?darren wrote:I just dont understand why they were perfectly helpfull last year and being difficult this year
who knows?
All i do know is that since the death of common sense more and more legislation is creeping in to the world of boating, and that's never a good thing


