Outboard Stand Home made
-
Cliff
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
- Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke - Location: Sunny Wigan
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 66 times
Outboard Stand Home made
Following Pritch's post about boat storage and moving his OB with an engine stand. I decided to make one for my new beauty
I don't mind admitting it's a bit rough and ready, but it does the job, and cost me nowt other than a few hours and rooting about in the container for the bits I put the castors on the handles, in case I ever get a vehicle that I can get it into. As it is, It won't fit in my Disco, because the LPG tank is in the back. So I'll be making a carrier for the back of the truck for when I'm towing the caravan... I haven't patented this. And yes, the handles are rolling pins

-
harrison
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1846
- Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
- Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
- Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
- Location: Midlands & Up North
- Has thanked: 284 times
- Been thanked: 746 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
Nice one Cliff,
Oooh! a container, impressive. Is that your man cave?
Trolley looks neat. Motor looks ace. As a former Suzuki 20 efi owner will be interested to hear how this performs.
Oooh! a container, impressive. Is that your man cave?
Trolley looks neat. Motor looks ace. As a former Suzuki 20 efi owner will be interested to hear how this performs.
harrison
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
Nicely made and for nowt love it.
- These users thanked the author mattswan2512 for the post:
- Cliff (11 Mar 2018, 19:55)
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
Nice job! Remember that the motor needs to be laid tiller side down (I have the same motor - just finished running in today on a trip from Broughty Ferry to Perth and return) They go very well and throttle response is superb.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
pritch
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 247
- Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
- Boat Make: BISON 390
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Staffordshire
- Has thanked: 60 times
- Been thanked: 37 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
I was looking at making one today and I was struggling to think of a way to mount the wheels near the handles.
For some reason the rolling pin idea didn't cross my mind
Looks like it does the trick though
For some reason the rolling pin idea didn't cross my mind
Looks like it does the trick though
-
Cliff
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 31 Dec 2017, 11:47
- Boat Make: Highfield CL310 Rib
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp efi
Demon 5.2hp 2 smoke - Location: Sunny Wigan
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 66 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
Doh! I remembered just before I was going to lay it down to try the casters, because of the length of the handles, it would probably have been okay, but i'm not about to try it, I'm only planning to move it upright. Glad to hear you're running in went well, now get it serviced and open up that throttle....warder54 wrote:Nice job! Remember that the motor needs to be laid tiller side down (I have the same motor - just finished running in today on a trip from Broughty Ferry to Perth and return) They go very well and throttle response is superb.
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: Outboard Stand Home made
I reckon you'll be ok on the tilt angle with the height difference between the main wheels and caster wheels judging from the diagram specsCliff wrote:Doh! I remembered just before I was going to lay it down to try the casters, because of the length of the handles, it would probably have been okaywarder54 wrote:Nice job! Remember that the motor needs to be laid tiller side down (I have the same motor)



