Outboard troubles

All things outboard related here!
4 Stroke, 2 Stroke & Electric
Andy B England
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1825
Joined: 03 Sep 2015, 17:10
Location: lost in space
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Outboard troubles

Post by Andy B » 03 Mar 2018, 18:36

If you're gon'a find a leak that's the best one to have to replace :thumbsup
I'd also have a good look at the one under the water pump, it's pence to replace at this stage.

Check the Prop shaft for play. If there's no play in the shaft, chances are the seal will be ok.

User avatar
FishingAgain
I'm New
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 12:15
MMSI Number: 10
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Outboard troubles

Post by FishingAgain » 03 Mar 2018, 18:42

Andy B wrote:If you're gon'a find a leak that's the best one to have to replace :thumbsup
I'd also have a good look at the one under the water pump, it's pence to replace at this stage.

Check the Prop shaft for play. If there's no play in the shaft, chances are the seal will be ok.
Think I fooked up when I put the wear plate back on, the quad ring is held in place!!! And doesnt let by. But the oil seal in the waterpomp base does [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Post Reply

Return to “Outboards”