The difference was that they only had to put the boat in the box and not the rest of the parts, as I was keeping the oars, seat, pump etc from the first boat , so that it was easier to get the hull in the box again , and it was a bloody squeeze I can tell youAndy B wrote:Well somebody already has....Paul wrote: I'll bet you can't unpack, inflate it, deflate it and get it back into it's original cardboard box![]()
![]()
Paul B wrote: They have checked and inflated the new boat before sending it and all is good
My new Boat
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: My new Boat
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: My new Boat
Nice one Paul B.
Good to see you got sorted out promptly.
Getting very popular on here is them T3.8s
Gonna hopefully get a bit of use out of mine this year
Good to see you got sorted out promptly.
Getting very popular on here is them T3.8s
Gonna hopefully get a bit of use out of mine this year
-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: My new Boat
It looks like they have changed the design of the floor too Paul. Mine is about 4 years old and the floor is striped from the centre to the sides.
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: My new Boat
Well spotted eagle eyes !
My T38ie 1 was the same as yours Hobbit, I guess they’ve upgraded the floor then ..
My T38ie 1 was the same as yours Hobbit, I guess they’ve upgraded the floor then ..
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
Redron
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 17:07
- Boat Make: Avon Rover Rollaway 3.1m
- Outboard: Yamaha 5hp 2 stroke
Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Isle of Skye
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 0
Re: My new Boat
Paul,
Incidentally, how much did ELY charge you for delivery ? As you probably know, postal costs to us oop North are often scandalous
You’re also making me wonder if I ought to go for the 38 over the 32, that said, I will be on my own most of the time cos I haven’t got any mates..... all together now.....
Incidentally, how much did ELY charge you for delivery ? As you probably know, postal costs to us oop North are often scandalous
You’re also making me wonder if I ought to go for the 38 over the 32, that said, I will be on my own most of the time cos I haven’t got any mates..... all together now.....
-
Steve
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 336
- Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS - MMSI Number: 235902190
- Location: Fife
- Has thanked: 80 times
- Been thanked: 63 times
Re: My new Boat
Ely charged me £35 for delivery to Fife for my T38 in March last year.
Be interesting to see how much that has changed this year and indeed, how much more that is to delivery on the West Coast ' Isle of Skye...
Be interesting to see how much that has changed this year and indeed, how much more that is to delivery on the West Coast ' Isle of Skye...
-
Redron
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 17:07
- Boat Make: Avon Rover Rollaway 3.1m
- Outboard: Yamaha 5hp 2 stroke
Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Isle of Skye
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 0
Re: My new Boat
Steve,
That’s actually quite reasonable. Postage quotes can vary so much. Skye is classed as an island even though there is now a bridge. Which means quite often I could get a parcel delivered to Kyle of Lochalsh on one side of the bridge for free (mainland UK ) but if you wanted in delivered to Kyleakin on the other side of the bridge the costs can be ridiculous ! Makes no sense....
Looks like Ely could be getting my business after reading this thread.
That’s actually quite reasonable. Postage quotes can vary so much. Skye is classed as an island even though there is now a bridge. Which means quite often I could get a parcel delivered to Kyle of Lochalsh on one side of the bridge for free (mainland UK ) but if you wanted in delivered to Kyleakin on the other side of the bridge the costs can be ridiculous ! Makes no sense....
Looks like Ely could be getting my business after reading this thread.
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: My new Boat
I was charged £55 for delivery, which kind of pisses you off, my postcode is classed as the highlands by most companies even though we are in Argyll, it doesn’t cost me anymore to post a parcel via Royal Mail as anywhere else in the country, but companies either charge us much more or even worse some won’t even post to us,
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: My new Boat
To be honest I would have got the T38 in the first place if it had been my choice, but I bought my set up from my old man , if your going to trailer the sib, I would say yes get the T38, more room, the T32 is a cracking sib and I loved it to bits, but once you get the fuel tank, fishing gear in and like you have mentioned previously maybe a couple of lobster pots, it will be full,Redron wrote:Paul,
Incidentally, how much did ELY charge you for delivery ? As you probably know, postal costs to us oop North are often scandalous![]()
You’re also making me wonder if I ought to go for the 38 over the 32, that said, I will be on my own most of the time cos I haven’t got any mates..... all together now.....
If your going to be packing it up, the T38 is a big lump to handle and even at 48kg it takes some moving about when packed in its bag,
Your more than welcome to have a run down to Oban to check mine out if you fancy a run out
-
Redron
- Newish Member, But I Like It Here
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 17:07
- Boat Make: Avon Rover Rollaway 3.1m
- Outboard: Yamaha 5hp 2 stroke
Yamaha 8hp 2 stroke - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Isle of Skye
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 0
Re: My new Boat
Thanks for the info Paul.
Hey, if you think I could just ‘nip down’ to Oban .... have you seen the state of the roads over Invergarry at the mo !
Jury still out on 32/38 and your comments noted. I am liking the idea of lightness and ease of moving around single handed, that said, I take note of your earlier comment on another post about you wouldn’t use your boat so much if it wasn’t on a trailer . Still leaning towards the 32 at the moment.
I just wonder though, if constantly inflating/ deflating and shoving back into a store bag would do it any favours over a period, not to mention rinsing off , which would mean, in the bag, out the bag, rinse and back in the bag .... but then trailers need space to store , bearing maintenance etc etc .
As for postage costs, yeah, it’s a bummer sometimes, but I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else
Hey, if you think I could just ‘nip down’ to Oban .... have you seen the state of the roads over Invergarry at the mo !
Jury still out on 32/38 and your comments noted. I am liking the idea of lightness and ease of moving around single handed, that said, I take note of your earlier comment on another post about you wouldn’t use your boat so much if it wasn’t on a trailer . Still leaning towards the 32 at the moment.
I just wonder though, if constantly inflating/ deflating and shoving back into a store bag would do it any favours over a period, not to mention rinsing off , which would mean, in the bag, out the bag, rinse and back in the bag .... but then trailers need space to store , bearing maintenance etc etc .
As for postage costs, yeah, it’s a bummer sometimes, but I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else



