Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Mitch » 30 Jan 2018, 11:25

Had a bit of time last week so put the boat up & fitted the mods to make sure all was ok.
Finished off floor, had to buy another pack of rubber sqaures from b&q, once fitted sprayed numbers on the backs with an aerosol paint so i know where they go.
Fitted rear seat which i attached the chartplotter/fish finder & placed the battery in a sealed box under the seat (copied Kamans thread), for the moment will attach transducer under the left hand tube with cable ties.
20180125_114312.jpg
Fitted a couple of rod holders to the front seat.
20180125_114326.jpg
Placed the new bow dodger on, i bought the 3.8-4m one but the frame looks well outside on the tubes (not sure if thats where they're supposed to go, will glue the velcro patches on when the weather is a bit warmer & maybe put some glue on D rings on the frame tubes & the boat tubes which should hold it in place solid, At the moment its fairly solid & will work well as a spray dodger but i'm not convinced if a wave comes up over the bow.
20180125_114412.jpg
20180125_120841.jpg
IMG-20180125-WA0000.jpg
So over all quite pleased that everything fitted reasonably & now can't wait to try out on the water.

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Paul B » 30 Jan 2018, 11:56

Having seen other pictures of these bow dodgers, I would say the tube is too far out as it should sit higher above the tubes, is it possible to move then to the inside of the spray strip along the top edge of the tubes

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Mitch » 30 Jan 2018, 13:25

I did try on the inside but it creased the tubes on the bend, i did blow it up before fitting so maybe if i put the velcro patches on the inside then fit the frame onto these & blow it up perhaps it will stay in position.

User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by The Hobbit » 30 Jan 2018, 18:32

That's a cracking setup Mitch, well done on your efforts matey, excellent boat porn :!: :!: :!: :cheers
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

User avatar
kaman
Super Poster
Posts: 846
Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp
MMSI Number: 235114675
Location: South West Scotland
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by kaman » 30 Jan 2018, 23:14

I've been playing around with my sibbing set up this week too.....
Fully inflated in the t3.8 in the living room (luckily we have a 2nd living room with sky multi room).
The Mrs was not pleased when she came home from work yesterday :lol: :Boxsmile
Made an extension to my big ass bow dodger that comes right over the seat to cover the plotter and radio to keep things dry.

I'm gonna add another section to fully enclose the sib as I might have to sleep in it once the Mrs gives me my marching orders :D
20180130_111302.jpg
Bigger Ass Dodger
IMG-20180128-WA0002.jpg
Two kids two I pads delaying the extension.
Loads of space in here even before the extension - my wee pup can seek refuge on her bean bag if things get wet / lumpy.
20180130_141806.jpg
Inside of the beast
Extending section fits over existing dodger and as such can bet deployed / removed as necessary ohyeh

User avatar
Paul B Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 2065
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
Location: UK
Has thanked: 172 times
Been thanked: 276 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Paul B » 31 Jan 2018, 00:47

Looking good Gordon, Even got the boat in the house :whistle :thumbsup

Mitch England
Veteran Member
Posts: 575
Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Swindon
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Mitch » 31 Jan 2018, 02:10

Thanks for the idea kaman it was simple to set up the chart plotter although I did it all in the garage, if I even thought about putting the boat up in the living room I’d be castrated then chucked outside.
Nice job on the dodger, it would be even better if it slide on rails so you could put it anywhere you need it then.

Jeff Stevens 763
Active Member
Posts: 105
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 21:03
Boat Make: Mercury 365 HD xs
Outboard: Suzuki Df 25 4 st
Location: Retford Nottinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Jeff Stevens 763 » 31 Jan 2018, 11:53

both set ups looking great colour coordinated too very posh

User avatar
The Hobbit England
Supporting Member
Posts: 724
Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
MMSI Number: 235904468
Location: Farnborough Hampshire
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 174 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by The Hobbit » 31 Jan 2018, 20:07

kaman wrote: I'm gonna add another section to fully enclose the sib as I might have to sleep in it once the Mrs gives me my marching orders :D
Have you got a special area for when you get your new Drone Kaman :?: :?: :?: :thumbsup :cheers
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".

All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Chart plotter, bow dodger etc

Post by Steve » 02 Feb 2018, 10:09

The boat mods look great Mitch - well done!
Mitch wrote:I did try on the inside but it creased the tubes on the bend, i did blow it up before fitting so maybe if i put the velcro patches on the inside then fit the frame onto these & blow it up perhaps it will stay in position.
I've also got the same canopy and also have it sitting outside of the spray strip. It just didn't fit right when on the inside, so I guess the blow up frame must really be for a boat with a rounder front like the 'AE' versions? I do think mine looks a wee bit higher though - hard to tell from the photos. And I've not bothered with the velcro patches either...

Kaman - your bow canopy looks amazing! Makes it a true explorer's boat. I wonder why there aren't any more off-the-shelf canopies available?
These users thanked the author Steve for the post:
Mitch (03 Feb 2018, 10:43)

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”