Even with my little engines I've always suffered cleaning them out and a decent stand to work on them.
Well with this new to me 15hp it's a heavy weight so I had to come up with a plan for maintenance and work stand.
And since I'm not a metal worker it's made from wood with some old launch wheels I was given years back.
I will get a better picture tomorrow in the light but as I have just made it I had to show you all.
Wooden outboard stand/trolley
-
Rossymtb
- Active Member
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 07 May 2017, 20:00
- Boat Make: Honwave T38
- Outboard: Parsun 9.8
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North Wales
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 10 times
Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley
Just a new picture in daylight. Works excellently and haven't tried it yet but should get it in and out the van easily enough to.
If anyone wants to copy & improve free and post pictures
If anyone wants to copy & improve free and post pictures
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley
Good stuff mate and if it makes loading/unloading easier you'll be going boating more often which is a win win situation

-
The Hobbit
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 724
- Joined: 10 Jul 2017, 15:03
- Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
- Outboard: 1985 Yamaha 2 stroke 15 D
- MMSI Number: 235904468
- Location: Farnborough Hampshire
- Has thanked: 100 times
- Been thanked: 174 times
Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley
Looks like the cannines testicles to me. Good job!!
I'm not really a Hobbit, just look like one. Real name is "Andy".
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
All my movies in one place:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvarVX ... subscriber
-
Rossymtb
- Active Member
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 07 May 2017, 20:00
- Boat Make: Honwave T38
- Outboard: Parsun 9.8
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North Wales
- Has thanked: 3 times
- Been thanked: 10 times
Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley
Thanks guys. That's a point I didn't think about. Having a easy air deck boat and easier system to moving the engine it will make it easier to use for short trips out.
-
Mitch
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 16 May 2017, 16:31
- Boat Make: Honwave T38-ie2
- Outboard: Mercury 20HP Fourstroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Swindon
- Has thanked: 118 times
- Been thanked: 113 times
Re: Wooden outboard stand/trolley
Great stuff, as the guys said, it was a real pig before I made my wheels & found it makes a world of difference once you can get that big bulky thing into the car & move it around without struggling on your own, well done.



