Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
Post Reply
User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Post by Jimthehook » 29 Nov 2017, 20:04

Hi all,

I want to add our boat name to the Honwave (for insurance) and was looking at Hypalon Paint, how will this perform being rolled up between uses constantly, and any suppliers of small tins? all i can find is 500ml options and they are a bit spendy!! :thumbsup

Cheers

Jim

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Post by rogerblack » 29 Nov 2017, 20:54

Hi, Jim

My Compass Kudos was hypalon but my Honwave is PVC, I think they all are?

Here's some info:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/d ... oat-dinghy

http://www.polymarine.com/advice/pvc-or-hypalon/

and here's polymarine's PVC paint page.

https://polymarineshop.com/flexible-pai ... paint.html

I've used them a couple of times and found their service to be excellent, I made my own stencils up to paint the name and SSR on my boat

:cheers
These users thanked the author rogerblack for the post:
Jimthehook (30 Nov 2017, 09:16)
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Post by Jimthehook » 30 Nov 2017, 09:17

rogerblack wrote:Hi, Jim

My Compass Kudos was hypalon but my Honwave is PVC, I think they all are?

Here's some info:

https://www.ribstore.co.uk/cms-assets/d ... oat-dinghy

http://www.polymarine.com/advice/pvc-or-hypalon/

and here's polymarine's PVC paint page.

https://polymarineshop.com/flexible-pai ... paint.html

I've used them a couple of times and found their service to be excellent, I made my own stencils up to paint the name and SSR on my boat



Many thanks Roger, exactly the info I needed and was looking for :thumbsup Perfect!

JIm.

:cheers

Jeff Stevens 763
Active Member
Posts: 105
Joined: 26 Jan 2017, 21:03
Boat Make: Mercury 365 HD xs
Outboard: Suzuki Df 25 4 st
Location: Retford Nottinghamshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Post by Jeff Stevens 763 » 30 Nov 2017, 13:40

These users thanked the author Jeff Stevens 763 for the post:
Jimthehook (06 Dec 2017, 22:17)

User avatar
Jimthehook
Active Member
Posts: 85
Joined: 23 Oct 2017, 20:04
Boat Make: Honwave T32IE
Outboard: Mercury 9.9fs
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Devon
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Hypalon Paint on Honwave?

Post by Jimthehook » 06 Dec 2017, 22:20

Many thanks Jeff, I will use the above paint and cut the stencil on my vinyl cutter :)

Jim.

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”