Additional Seat
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: Additional Seat
Other option could be the folding seat/pads that paul and martin and james have. Not sure were they got them but look comfy and you can sit into the boat rather than ontop of it....
Hopefully they will be along shortly with a link
Hopefully they will be along shortly with a link
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
- Red5
- I'm New
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 03:29
- Boat Make: Zodiac 2.85 Cadet
- Outboard: Mariner 4hp 2 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: South Coast
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: Additional Seat
I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Additional Seat
As if by magicmattswan2512 wrote:Other option could be the folding seat/pads that paul and martin and james have. Not sure were they got them but look comfy and you can sit into the boat rather than ontop of it....
Hopefully they will be along shortly with a link
https://seamarknunn.com/acatalog/Plasti ... gJ0x_D_BwE
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
pritch
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 247
- Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
- Boat Make: BISON 390
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Staffordshire
- Has thanked: 60 times
- Been thanked: 37 times
Re: Additional Seat
Just purchased a litre off ebay for £8Red5 wrote:I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
-
Captain cod
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
- Boat Make: Humber
- Outboard: Mariner 40hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Manchester
- Has thanked: 51 times
- Been thanked: 51 times
Re: Additional Seat
That sounds very cheap. Did you get the 2 part glue? ?
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
-
Captain cod
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 373
- Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
- Boat Make: Humber
- Outboard: Mariner 40hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Manchester
- Has thanked: 51 times
- Been thanked: 51 times
Re: Additional Seat
Sorry my bad I thought you were talking about glue
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Additional Seat
Be careful with the MEK, It's nasty stuff.
It could possibly discolour the boat or entice cracking at a later date if over used.
I've no idea what the alternative is, I know a lot of folk use mek... it's just I deliver lots of different products (tanker driver in the petroleum chem industry) and I see what these solvents do to gloves etc...
It could possibly discolour the boat or entice cracking at a later date if over used.
I've no idea what the alternative is, I know a lot of folk use mek... it's just I deliver lots of different products (tanker driver in the petroleum chem industry) and I see what these solvents do to gloves etc...
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- Red5
- I'm New
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 03:29
- Boat Make: Zodiac 2.85 Cadet
- Outboard: Mariner 4hp 2 Stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: South Coast
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: Additional Seat
That's really cheap! Could you send me a link for it? Thanks!pritch wrote:Just purchased a litre off ebay for £8Red5 wrote:I found a seat at a boat jumble with the fittings, just had to add the straps - Ebay for £8.95 as I remember, the only thing I would add, if glueing to a pvc boat, is use MEK thinners to prime it first, available at most Chandlers, but a bit pricey for what it is!
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
-
Speedo
- Active Member
- Posts: 55
- Joined: 25 Jul 2017, 04:53
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Johnson 5hp 2 stroke
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Kent
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: Additional Seat
I've just got one too......any tips on fitting it please? I'm worried about gluing the straps wrong. Did you inflate the boat and then wedge the seat in place to mark the correct place for the straps?acidcloud wrote:Bought a second hand Honwave seat for my T38 off ebay bargain and pukka seat.
Apologies if I sound like a div, but I really don't want to mess this up!!!!



