They go up to 4.2M .Tellum wrote:It looks like they only go up to 3.8, I need it for a 4meter. I've messaged him to see what hes got. I've seen some good looking ones on the internet but not for sale. Some nice strong folding alliuminium framed ones with clear panels. I just cannot seem to find who stocks them.
bow canopy/spray dodger
-
pritch
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 247
- Joined: 10 Aug 2017, 21:51
- Boat Make: BISON 390
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Staffordshire
- Has thanked: 60 times
- Been thanked: 37 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Which is exactly what happened to me Matt.mattswan2512 wrote:I do wonder if u take a heavy wave over the bow wether it will buckle the spray deck.......
The Frib canopy took the full force and the ally frame didn't bend. It's not the most attractive canopy/spray dodger I'll grant you but the frame, material and locators perform very well, not letting go.
I've not glued the feet onto my tubes as yet and used beefy cable ties instead ...... both cable ties sheared with the impact of a full on 'stuffing it' situation.
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
The FRIB canopy is without a doubt very well made and a superb upgrade, it is a little unsightly at first but as you get used to seeing it - it does kinda grow on you lol..
It could be worse - I couldn’t ever see this growing on anyone.,
It could be worse - I couldn’t ever see this growing on anyone.,
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- mattswan2512
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 1758
- Joined: 13 Jul 2015, 10:34
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp ss 2 smoker.
- Location: Sunny southampton
- Has thanked: 95 times
- Been thanked: 118 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
Ahhhhhhhhh the fiat multipla what a car.......oh no hang on what a pile of s*it.........is a car giving birth to another car......what was the fiat designer thunking.....id deffo prefer to drive round in an F-Rib spray doddger
- These users thanked the author mattswan2512 for the post:
- Martin (01 Oct 2017, 18:11)
Life is like a chocolate bar........
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
If you hold onto it for too long u get covered in sh☆t so......
live a life you will remember, not a life full of untested dreams.
-
Tellum
- Active Member
- Posts: 99
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 08:39
- Boat Make: mercury 420 ocean runner
- Outboard: 30hp four-stroke tohatso
- MMSI Number: 235904012
- Location: Cornwall - U.K
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 18 times
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
I have spent a couple of hours putting one together today. I found some heavy duty lorry tarp down work. Its heavy stiff and hard to work with ,i have broken one set of tent poles. I have now used 22 mm over flow pipe for the arch an 36 mm waste pipe for supports,its not pretty but its solid. At the moment only built roughly just needs eyelets put in and some hooks to attach to the strip a good scrub and i think it would do.If it works i will tidy it up, In the mean time i will keep looking for a more prettier one . I have see the frib one would one of those fit a honwave t40?
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: bow canopy/spray dodger
You’ll be able to take requests and play tunes on them pipes ..
Seriously, if it gets the job done in a way that suits you and your boat, then that’s perfect..
Looking good and it’ll be seriously strong
Seriously, if it gets the job done in a way that suits you and your boat, then that’s perfect..
Looking good and it’ll be seriously strong
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there





