Is their a transom dolly diy plan or should i go transom wheels (want to keep costs low)
Upgrade fixing points?
Tie down points
Storage option
Spray bow canopy?
Any advice please advise
Great tips douglas your a starDouglasW wrote:Hi Matt, I really like the F-Rib Spray canopy, though if you like fishing when its windy, it has a good "sail area" which will cause you to drift. The seats tend to move back if you are planing fast. I just tie a loop of rope round the seat and attach it to the safety line attachments on the top of the tubes. Some have tried sticky rubber patches to increase friction between the seat and the tube, but these dod not work for myself or the Gurnard. I like to have a handle made from a bit of rope with a short piece of hosepipe knotted into the middle. I attach either end to the forward safety line attachments on the top of the tubes. Transom wheels work great on firm surfaces but do not work on steep soft sand beaches so I have a collapsable aluminium trolley with huge balloon tyres. I can pull the boat up the beach on my own with all the gear/fuel and a 15HP motor. My friend with a Zodiac air floor SIB with transom wheels and 9.9 Suzuki 4 stroke needs 4 people to pull his up the same beach.
I leave mine on the beach spring to autumn. Last year I just used a cheap polyethylene tarp to cover it. This year I have bought a custom cover which goes over the spray canopy and the outboard and has elastic running right round the bottom of the skirt. Very easy to put on and off and it is heavy enough not to flap in the wind and is also breathable. I have the F-Rib seat cushions and the under seat zip on storage bag, which is great. I also have one of the recent Aldi duffle dry bags. A couple of pails serve to store other items or caught fish.
Have fun Douglas)