Honwave T38 Seat

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Steve » 07 Aug 2017, 17:11

Finally got round to making something. I might not paint / varnish the seat. It's oak and should fade silver with time outdoors...

Not done anything with rod holders as yet - a job for another day!
IMG_0907.JPG

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by rogerblack » 07 Aug 2017, 17:18

Nice job, Steve. :thumbsup

:cheers
These users thanked the author rogerblack for the post:
Steve (07 Aug 2017, 21:35)
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Paul » 07 Aug 2017, 21:32

rogerblack wrote:Nice job, Steve. :thumbsup

:cheers
X2
Can't beat a wee bit of timber over plastic/fibreglass ....especially being Oak 8-)
:cheers
These users thanked the author Paul for the post:
Steve (07 Aug 2017, 21:35)

User avatar
Captain cod England
Veteran Member
Posts: 373
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Captain cod » 07 Aug 2017, 21:47

Excellent looks good to me mate

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Captain cod for the post:
Steve (07 Aug 2017, 22:15)

goldeneye243 England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 32
Joined: 24 Jan 2020, 08:58
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Newmarket
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by goldeneye243 » 28 Jun 2020, 15:44

Could I ask where you got the attachments for the webbing straps from?

DavidA England
Newish Member, But I Like It Here
Posts: 33
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 09:33
Boat Make: Honwave T32
Outboard: Yamaha F6C four stroke
MMSI Number: 10
Location: London
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by DavidA » 12 Jul 2020, 12:48

I made a seat for my T32 out of one inch by 9 inch wood and using these hooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PVC-Seat-Hoo ... SwyWxb5g5R

It was painted white and now I can attach all my accessories to it whilst the original remains pristine.
Attachments
IMG_20200621_141913428.jpg

Bigplumbs
Veteran Member
Posts: 467
Joined: 02 Sep 2017, 06:10
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Suffolk UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 166 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Bigplumbs » 14 Mar 2021, 08:36

I agree that making a seat is the way to go as the honwave ones are so very expensive I also feel that honwave should supply 2 seats as sone of the cheaper brands do

The honwave ones are very heavy as well

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”