Honwave T38 Seat

Sib,Frib & Rib modifications.
Share your mods with the forum
User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Steve » 12 Jun 2017, 12:17

Hi folks

Has anyone made their own seat for the T38? If so, just wondered what wood / materials you used?

I'd like to make one as the official seats seem a tad pricey!

Cheers

Steve

User avatar
Captain cod England
Veteran Member
Posts: 373
Joined: 24 Nov 2016, 21:51
Boat Make: Humber
Outboard: Mariner 40hp
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Manchester
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Captain cod » 12 Jun 2017, 18:53

Hi Steve I made 2 seats for my humber I had to buy the black hypalon patches from America which were quite expensive. And being a joiner I got the 8x1 tanaliased timber from work. When I fit the seats I found they sagged quite a bit because my sib is quite wide so I added some hardwood batons to the underside which although added to the weight they made the seats much stronger and can easily hold 2 large adults
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-06-12-19-41-40.png
Screenshot_2017-06-12-19-41-30.png
Screenshot_2017-06-12-19-42-11.png
These users thanked the author Captain cod for the post:
Steve (12 Jun 2017, 19:30)

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by warder54 » 13 Jun 2017, 10:56

2016-10-02 13.56.22.jpg
With rod holders, side view
2016-10-02 13.57.43.jpg
Seat and clips + rod holders
I used Marine ply for one for my 380. Bought the hangers from ebay, also drilled them to take flush mount rod holders. Work a treat, strong and long lasting.
These users thanked the author warder54 for the post:
Steve (13 Jun 2017, 12:53)
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Steve Great Britain
Veteran Member
Posts: 336
Joined: 25 Apr 2017, 11:12
Boat Make: Honwave T38 IE2
Outboard: Suzuki DF20AS
Yamaha F6CMHS
MMSI Number: 235902190
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Steve » 13 Jun 2017, 12:59

Thanks for the info and pictures guys - very helpful!

I like the idea of mounting the fishing rod holders in that fashion - reckon they are nicely out of the way when under power. Just out of interest, what thickness was the marine ply?

Depending on the cost of sourcing that size of marine ply, I reckon tanalised wood would work a treat too - especially with the rod holders on!

Excellent advice fellas!

Cheers

Steve

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by warder54 » 13 Jun 2017, 19:50

I think I used 18mm marine ply, it was left over from my house trailer re-panel. Going to make one for my F-Rib but about double width. The Idea is to mount the sounder head unit and battery underneath (no screen it's a wifish unit) rod holders on top and use it as a bait table when out on my own. I have managed to find some "C" channel lengths like the F-Rib ones to attach. Another idea I had that others might find useful is to use the "C" channel to attach a small board to the runner with rocket launcher type rod holders to keep rods out of the way when on the move.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Paul » 14 Jun 2017, 22:22

Some great ideas there warder54 :thumbsup
warder54 wrote: I have managed to find some "C" channel lengths like the F-Rib ones to attach.
Any chance of a heads-up mate or a link to where you've sourced these from as I've been unsuccessful so far :(

I want to make a 'sacrificial' board so I don't end up butchering a perfectly good F-Rib seat :|
:cheers

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by warder54 » 14 Jun 2017, 22:26

I searched for caravan awning c channel. Can't remember at the moment site name but something leisure. Will check tomorrow and post the info then.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author warder54 for the post:
Paul (14 Jun 2017, 23:17)
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Paul » 14 Jun 2017, 23:20

warder54 wrote:I searched for caravan awning c channel. Can't remember at the moment site name but something leisure. Will check tomorrow and post the info then.
Muchly appreciated :TY
:cheers

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by warder54 » 15 Jun 2017, 07:40

Here you go Paul
http://www.funkyleisure.co.uk/custom-cu ... 6546-p.asp
I ordered double what I needed - who knows what other projects will come to mind ;-)
These users thanked the author warder54 for the post:
Paul (17 Jun 2017, 00:07)
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

User avatar
Paul
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 3056
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
MMSI Number: 235915479
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Has thanked: 459 times
Been thanked: 356 times

Re: Honwave T38 Seat

Post by Paul » 17 Jun 2017, 00:09

Thanks mate :thumbsup I'll get on it :D
:cheers

Post Reply

Return to “DIY & Modifications”