F Rib Canopy
- DaveRolph
- Active Member
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 12:18
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360
- Outboard: Suzuki DF15AS
- Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 54 times
- Been thanked: 24 times
F Rib Canopy
Was going to fit the F Rib canopy this morning and instructions are in Russian anyone got any advice please.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: F Rib Canopy
Stray wrote:Go on, I'll say it, Learn Russian.Paul's got one, he'll know.
Or use goggle transplant
TBH I haven't ever seen a manual or fitting instructions for those. I believe philpot was unsure about the fitting and I think Paul just fastens his on with cable ties.
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
Dave
К сожалению, мой пришел без инструкций, поэтому я должен был решить это сам.
Я не приклеил ступни к трубам, вместо этого я оставил ноги на раме, натянул все, что все равно было тихим, и затем используйте кабельную галстук, чтобы держать ноги на своих местах
Все самое лучшее мат

К сожалению, мой пришел без инструкций, поэтому я должен был решить это сам.
Я не приклеил ступни к трубам, вместо этого я оставил ноги на раме, натянул все, что все равно было тихим, и затем используйте кабельную галстук, чтобы держать ноги на своих местах
Все самое лучшее мат
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: F Rib Canopy
so roughly speaking....Paul wrote:Dave
К сожалению, мой пришел без инструкций, поэтому я должен был решить это сам.
Я не приклеил ступни к трубам, вместо этого я оставил ноги на раме, натянул все, что все равно было тихим, и затем используйте кабельную галстук, чтобы держать ноги на своих местах
Все самое лучшее мат
Unfortunately, mine came without instructions, so I had to solve it myself.
I did not stick my feet to the pipes, instead I left my feet on the frame, pulled everything that was still quiet, and then use a cable tie to keep my feet in place ...
This is sounding more like 50 shades of FRIB...
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
- Paul
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 3056
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 21:46
- Boat Make: Mercury Ocean Runner 420
- Outboard: Mariner F40ELPT, 3.5 Tohatsu smoker
- MMSI Number: 235915479
- Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
- Has thanked: 459 times
- Been thanked: 356 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
Bingo Martin
Hopefully the images tell my story
I did try to find those that had actually glued them but was unsuccessful
..... might be arcusflyer or sailrepair from my poor memory
Hopefully they'll chime in

Hopefully the images tell my story
I did try to find those that had actually glued them but was unsuccessful
Hopefully they'll chime in
- DouglasW
- Advanced Member
- Posts: 236
- Joined: 10 Aug 2016, 18:51
- Boat Make: F-Rib 330
- Outboard: Yamaha F15C
Yamaha F6C
Suzuki DF2.5 - Location: West of Scotland
- Has thanked: 14 times
- Been thanked: 93 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
I did not glue the feet of my canopy legs onto the tubes of my F-Rib 330 for the first season, mainly because it means you need to undo two bolts to release the legs before folding F-Rib. However, the canopy collapsed several times in rough conditions, partly due to shocks transmitted through the tubes by banging into waves and partly by taking solid green water over the front.
So this year I have glued mine in place. I did Russian at school but even so the instructions were useless. The best way is to erect the canopy and get the feet into the best place to give an even tension all the way round the base of the canopy then draw a circle round that position. Remove the canopy. Then clean the underside of the feet and the tube with the supplied isopropyl alcohol wipe. Then (with the tubes inflated) spread a thin layer of the supplied cement over both the tube and the feet and let it dry till tacky before firmly pressing them together making sure you align the slot for the canopy leg.


Once spread out, this was about the right amount.


I am very pleased with the result.
Douglas
So this year I have glued mine in place. I did Russian at school but even so the instructions were useless. The best way is to erect the canopy and get the feet into the best place to give an even tension all the way round the base of the canopy then draw a circle round that position. Remove the canopy. Then clean the underside of the feet and the tube with the supplied isopropyl alcohol wipe. Then (with the tubes inflated) spread a thin layer of the supplied cement over both the tube and the feet and let it dry till tacky before firmly pressing them together making sure you align the slot for the canopy leg.


Once spread out, this was about the right amount.


I am very pleased with the result.
Douglas
Last edited by DouglasW on 30 May 2017, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
Hi, fitted mine the same spot as Martin, dry fitted - marked then glued. I use stainless "R" clips to fit the canopy, I tried drop nose pins but the ones I had were to perfect a fit and fiddly! R clips work a treat.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
Fishery Pokery
- Active Member
- Posts: 49
- Joined: 29 May 2017, 16:11
- Boat Make: Honwave T38IE
- Outboard: Yamaha 15hp, Mariner 8hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: North East
- Has thanked: 13 times
- Been thanked: 7 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
Look so fantastic once fitted Douglas!DouglasW wrote:I did not glue the feet of my canopy legs onto the tubes of my F-Rib 330 for the first season, mainly because it means you need to undo two bolts to release the legs before folding F-Rib. However, the canopy collapsed several times in rough conditions, partly due to shocks transmitted through the tubes by banging into waves and partly by taking solid green water over the front.
So this year I have glued mine in place. I did Russian at school but even so the instructions were useless. The best way is to erect the canopy and get the feet into the best place to give an even tension all the way round the base of the canopy then draw a circle round that position. Remove the canopy. Then clean the underside of the feet and the tube with the supplied isopropyl alcohol wipe. Then (with the tubes inflated) spread a thin layer of the supplied cement over both the tube and the feet and let it dry till tacky before firmly pressing them together making sure you align the slot for the canopy leg.
Once spread out, this was about the right amount.
I am very pleased with the result.
Douglas
- DaveRolph
- Active Member
- Posts: 134
- Joined: 18 Apr 2017, 12:18
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360
- Outboard: Suzuki DF15AS
- Location: Barnsley, South Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 54 times
- Been thanked: 24 times
Re: F Rib Canopy
Thanks all for your help, I took Pauls advise and it worked really well thanks, I took a few photo's and video's and will put somethng together hopefully this weekend.
Thanks again.
Thanks again.




