Tohatsu 15 efi

The Bar...
Chat about anything here (within reason) Please keep it polite and PC
Post Reply
Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Tj123 » 30 Aug 2019, 09:28

Picked up my new tohatsu 15 efi from BMC yesterday, unpacked it when I got home put it on the flushing stand gave it the once over filled with oil primed oil pump connected fuel tank started 2nd pull what a lovely smooth and quiet engine with prop under water also surprisingly light to move around as well.
So very happy I decided to get one.
IMG_20190830_093833.jpg

User avatar
harrison Great Britain
Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
Posts: 1846
Joined: 18 Mar 2015, 17:14
Boat Make: XS500/Merc340/Elling/Bic
Outboard: Mariner60,20,3.5,Tohatsu9.8,Hon2.3,ThrustMe Kicker
Location: Midlands & Up North
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 746 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by harrison » 30 Aug 2019, 09:54

Oooh! nice. Me likey.

Enjoy your new motor.
harrison

'The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves'

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Tj123 » 30 Aug 2019, 10:06

Thanks Harrison.

PeterM
Super Poster
Posts: 841
Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
Location: Bournemouth & Poole
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 254 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by PeterM » 30 Aug 2019, 10:49

That's a lovely bit of engineering ! Nothing quite like taking a new engine out of the wrapper.

I love a good 2 stroke , but these new 4 stokes are getting better & better & lighter & ligher ….. unbelievable smooth & quiet. I'd struggle to go back to a 2 stroke …...

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Tj123 » 30 Aug 2019, 11:29

I'm a bit of a 2stroke addict myself got two at home doubt I'll ever part with them even though I have got the 4 stroke tohatsu.

Alan United States of America
Advanced Member
Posts: 174
Joined: 29 Jun 2018, 13:18
Boat Make: F-Rib 375
Outboard: 2018 Mercury 20 HP Short Shaft
MMSI Number: 1
Location: Farmington Hill Michigan USA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Alan » 30 Aug 2019, 13:34

The new 4 stroke EFI engines are light, quiet, reliable and don't smell! Now if they could just be fee.
These users thanked the author Alan for the post:
Tj123 (30 Aug 2019, 19:59)

sonny1 England
Super Poster
Posts: 864
Joined: 29 Mar 2019, 17:29
Boat Make: xs 515
Outboard: mercury f60 elpt
MMSI Number: 232027436
Location: hitchin ,herts
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 204 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by sonny1 » 30 Aug 2019, 15:24

hi tj, i have the tohatsu 30,also from bmc, very pleased with mine. have fun. oh ,by the way what will it be pushing along?

Tj123 England
I'm New
Posts: 13
Joined: 06 Aug 2019, 06:03
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Wantage
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Tj123 » 30 Aug 2019, 16:09

Hi sonny1, main use will be on a waveline 320 xt airdeck.
These users thanked the author Tj123 for the post:
sonny1 (30 Aug 2019, 16:54)

Sonofgum England
Active Member
Posts: 97
Joined: 22 Nov 2018, 17:02
Boat Make: F-Rib 360
Outboard: Tohatsu 20 HP 4 stroke
MMSI Number: 235918570
Location: Carlisle
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Contact:

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by Sonofgum » 30 Aug 2019, 19:45

I just recently got a new Tohatsu efi outboard, I ended up with the 20HP model as there is no difference in weight between the 15 & 20 Hp at I think 43 kg. Lovely engine.
These users thanked the author Sonofgum for the post:
Tj123 (30 Aug 2019, 19:59)

warder54 Great Britain
Super Poster
Posts: 645
Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Montrose -Scotland
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Tohatsu 15 efi

Post by warder54 » 31 Aug 2019, 13:26

Great choice, I went for the 20 as same weight and a great match for the F-Rib 360. VERY economical too
These users thanked the author warder54 for the post:
Tj123 (31 Aug 2019, 13:57)
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott

Post Reply

Return to “Inflatable Boat Help, Advice, Discussions and General Boating Banter”