New to SIB's
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
New to SIB's
Hi All, I'm new to SIB's but owned many boats over the years. Last Saturday picked up my new Honwave T3.2ie & Mariner 6hp
. It all went a bit downhill from there
, replacement T32 arrives mid July so hope this ones better. Not even got on the water. Long story short blew it up to fit transom wheels and found a seam not bonded fully. Dealer has been excellent during this.
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times
Re: New to SIB's
Hi NeilJ and
to the forum!
I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the seam, but at least the dealer will sort it for you.
A T32 with a Mariner 6 is a nice little light weight combo - where are you based / where will you be using the boat?
Any questions please shout!
I’m sorry to hear about your problem with the seam, but at least the dealer will sort it for you.
A T32 with a Mariner 6 is a nice little light weight combo - where are you based / where will you be using the boat?
Any questions please shout!
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New to SIB's
Hi Chris, Thanks for the welcome, I'm located SE of Chard so my launching points will be Charmouth (across the beach) West Bay or Lyme Regis depending what the wind id doing. Dealer has been great.
-
PeterM
- Super Poster
- Posts: 841
- Joined: 20 Jul 2015, 14:53
- Location: Bournemouth & Poole
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 254 times
Re: New to SIB's
Hi Neil... Great places to boat from.. you may find me there diving one of the passenger ribs from west bay from time to time.
Great set up for that run of cost and getting to the beaches that you just can't get to otherwise
Great set up for that run of cost and getting to the beaches that you just can't get to otherwise
-
Erniesib
- I'm New
- Posts: 9
- Joined: 19 Jul 2020, 15:46
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Bridport
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: New to SIB's
Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New to SIB's
hi all, just a quick update that I collected the replacement T32 today. All looks to be good with this one so off to Portland harbour to do some engine running in tomorrow.
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New to SIB's
Hi Ernie, will definitely meet up soon. Just got to run the engine in.Erniesib wrote: ↑19 Jul 2020, 16:11Hi Neil, new to group myself. Got Honwave T32 as well, but at least mine keeps the air where it should be! I'm in Bridport, so once your up and running if you want to buddy up be happy to meet up. Belong to Axe Boat Club but also go season ticket to West Bay/Lyme slipway.
-
tryingitout
- I'm New
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 10 Dec 2019, 16:36
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Leicestershire
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New to SIB's
Hi, I'm new to this but pick up a FRIB 360 on Saturday. gone for a suzuki 20 hp. I'm also looking at a minn kota 55 as a trolling/recovery. Has anyone got one of these on their FRIB? I'm looking at fishing out around skegness area as well as cromer. Has anyone got any advice that they would like to share?
-
warder54
- Super Poster
- Posts: 645
- Joined: 12 Aug 2016, 08:32
- Boat Make: F-Rib 360 + Smartwave 480
- Outboard: Yam 60 efi
Toh 5 4 st
Toh 20 efi - MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Montrose -Scotland
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 148 times
Re: New to SIB's
Hi @tryingitout
I have an F-Rib 360, USED to have a 55lb thrust electric trolling motor, OK for trolling but unless in a canal or small lake/loch - forget it as actual propulsion. Tried it for a days pottering in the Norfolk broads, it was painfully slow and was almost stopped by wash from other boats. No way would I use it as a "get you home" at sea or large lake. Would have been faster using the oars.
I have an F-Rib 360, USED to have a 55lb thrust electric trolling motor, OK for trolling but unless in a canal or small lake/loch - forget it as actual propulsion. Tried it for a days pottering in the Norfolk broads, it was painfully slow and was almost stopped by wash from other boats. No way would I use it as a "get you home" at sea or large lake. Would have been faster using the oars.
Why am I here - I should be in my boat fishing!!
Mike Elliott
Mike Elliott
-
NeilJ
- I'm New
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 23 Jun 2020, 18:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32
- Outboard: Mariner 6hp
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Chard S, Somerset
- Has thanked: 1 time
- Been thanked: 0
Re: New to SIB's
Ok, so 3 hours of pottering around in Weymouth Bay all I can say is what a hoot. The T32 is a great boat even with 6hp. I am very pleased with it to say the least.


