Hi from Denmark

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
mike_o Denmark
I'm New
Posts: 14
Joined: 21 Jul 2021, 07:31
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Copenhagen
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Hi from Denmark

Post by mike_o » 03 Aug 2021, 07:49

Hello all you good people. I found this site while "researching" before purchasing my first boat. I've decided on a 335cm catamaran type, the Aqua Marina Aircat. I'm not yet sure about which motor to get, but will probably go for a 5 HP Hidea, as the 9.9 is rather heavy.

The boat is intended for fun and fishing on calm days in the sea (Kattegat & Oresund). I'm most likely also going to experiment with adding hydrofoils (real ones, not the one on the outboard), if I can find suitable hardpoints for mounting.

The picture shows the 285cm version
Attachments
aircat335.jpg

Flymike Wales
I'm New
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 May 2017, 10:54
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Pembrokeshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by Flymike » 03 Aug 2021, 12:41

Hi Mike
Not familiar with Hidea but that 5HP looks an attractive choice at 22Kgs. You may also look at getting the prop cupped as it seems to be widely recommended for cat designs.
Mike

User avatar
rogerblack Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 884
Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
MMSI Number: 235913495
Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
Has thanked: 209 times
Been thanked: 240 times

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by rogerblack » 03 Aug 2021, 21:02

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures/videos once you're on the water.
cheers
Roger

:fishing
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”

User avatar
Martin England
Supporting Member
Posts: 5789
Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
MMSI Number: 123456789
Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
Has thanked: 1416 times
Been thanked: 782 times
Contact:

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by Martin » 04 Aug 2021, 06:57

Hi Mike,
Those little Cat type boat are great fun and go quite well with the little outboards.
Hidea are a Chinese copy type outboard that are available in the UK too, They don't get a great following here as parts seem very hard to come by.
The Suzuki 6hp is a cracking outboard and is only 25kg in weight, verty reliable and portable.

Martin :cheers
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... :whistle
Because it's a big old WWworld out there :mrgreen:

mike_o Denmark
I'm New
Posts: 14
Joined: 21 Jul 2021, 07:31
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Copenhagen
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by mike_o » 04 Aug 2021, 07:43

Thanks all. The Hidea representative claims that the motors share 80% of their parts with Yamaha and they have an extensive parts list. I have no idea of the inventory status, though ;)

I'll keep you posted - perhaps in the proper sub forum.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”