Hello all you good people. I found this site while "researching" before purchasing my first boat. I've decided on a 335cm catamaran type, the Aqua Marina Aircat. I'm not yet sure about which motor to get, but will probably go for a 5 HP Hidea, as the 9.9 is rather heavy.
The boat is intended for fun and fishing on calm days in the sea (Kattegat & Oresund). I'm most likely also going to experiment with adding hydrofoils (real ones, not the one on the outboard), if I can find suitable hardpoints for mounting.
The picture shows the 285cm version
Hi from Denmark
-
Flymike
- I'm New
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 07 May 2017, 10:54
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Pembrokeshire
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 2 times
Re: Hi from Denmark
Hi Mike
Not familiar with Hidea but that 5HP looks an attractive choice at 22Kgs. You may also look at getting the prop cupped as it seems to be widely recommended for cat designs.
Mike
Not familiar with Hidea but that 5HP looks an attractive choice at 22Kgs. You may also look at getting the prop cupped as it seems to be widely recommended for cat designs.
Mike
-
rogerblack
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 884
- Joined: 02 Jun 2015, 19:51
- Boat Make: Honwave T32ie airfloor
- Outboard: Mercury 15hp 2-st
- MMSI Number: 235913495
- Location: Fife, Scotland & Wokingham,Berkshire
- Has thanked: 209 times
- Been thanked: 240 times
Re: Hi from Denmark
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures/videos once you're on the water.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures/videos once you're on the water.
cheers
Roger

“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
Roger
“Teach a man to fish and he’ll turn around and try to teach you to fish like he invented it and you’re an idiot”
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Hi from Denmark
Hi Mike,
Those little Cat type boat are great fun and go quite well with the little outboards.
Hidea are a Chinese copy type outboard that are available in the UK too, They don't get a great following here as parts seem very hard to come by.
The Suzuki 6hp is a cracking outboard and is only 25kg in weight, verty reliable and portable.
Martin
Those little Cat type boat are great fun and go quite well with the little outboards.
Hidea are a Chinese copy type outboard that are available in the UK too, They don't get a great following here as parts seem very hard to come by.
The Suzuki 6hp is a cracking outboard and is only 25kg in weight, verty reliable and portable.
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
mike_o
- I'm New
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 21 Jul 2021, 07:31
- MMSI Number: 10
- Location: Copenhagen
- Has thanked: 5 times
- Been thanked: 1 time
Re: Hi from Denmark
Thanks all. The Hidea representative claims that the motors share 80% of their parts with Yamaha and they have an extensive parts list. I have no idea of the inventory status, though ;)
I'll keep you posted - perhaps in the proper sub forum.
I'll keep you posted - perhaps in the proper sub forum.



