Newbie

New to the forum?? Please pop in and say “Hi”
Introduce yourself and tell us about your boating interests/experiences or any other hobbies you may have.
Post Reply
davemug England
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 07:44
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dartford
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Newbie

Post by davemug » 16 Aug 2020, 07:49

Hi, I’m looking to purchase my first dinghy & am also new to boating. Looking for advice and guidance on best first inflatable dinghy. Looked at honwave t24 but saw a lot about t38 also🤷🏽‍♂️

User avatar
ChrisParish Great Britain
Supporting Member
Posts: 2049
Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
MMSI Number: 235916094
Location: Poole
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 636 times

Re: Newbie

Post by ChrisParish » 16 Aug 2020, 09:24

Hi davemug and :welcome to the forum.
What are you intended to use the boat for? Fishing, family outings, exploring, camping? Also, what kind of budget do you have in mind?

If you want to go out to sea at all then I would recommend looking at a minimum of 3m.
Not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.

davemug England
I'm New
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 Aug 2020, 07:44
MMSI Number: 10
Location: Dartford
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Newbie

Post by davemug » 17 Aug 2020, 07:19

hi Chris,
thank you for welcoming and accepting me to the group.

just for leisurely cruises around and to get out a bit. I will most likely be alone with 1 other but mainly for solo "exploration" and just to get out. I have looked at inland areas but i think i will more likely go out to coastal areas as i build confidence. thank you for the heads up on a 3m. i was looking at the Honwave T24 initially but have now looked at the T27 as the T32 is generally out of stock. your thoughts if you may.

Post Reply

Return to “Introduce Yourself --------- *******NEW MEMBER”