Portable transducer mount
-
Paul B
- Mega Poster, I Really Need To Get Out More !
- Posts: 2065
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 18:21
- Location: UK
- Has thanked: 172 times
- Been thanked: 276 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
Whilst I'm no expert in these matters, I find it hard to believe that anybody would drill the transom and not seal it with a suitable silicon or something else suitable for the application , each to their own , but no way would I leave the transom on my sib untreated,
-
Pete
- Veteran Member
- Posts: 364
- Joined: 09 Apr 2016, 11:21
- Boat Make: Excel Volante 330
- Outboard: Yamaha 6 HP 4 Stroke
- Location: Manchester
- Has thanked: 36 times
- Been thanked: 38 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
That video was very helpful Stray, thank youStray wrote:Finally, a dry day.![]()
Just need some decent weather to try it out.
A video on good and bad Transducer positioning.
- The Gurnard
- Super Poster
- Posts: 817
- Joined: 04 Aug 2015, 09:30
- Boat Make: Quicksilver 4.3m HD
- Outboard: Mariner 25HP two stroke : Mariner 3.3HP
- Location: West Coast Scotland
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 223 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
You are absolutely correct guys ..I have been talking nonsense and now feel guilty that I have been leading folks astray.
All screws in boats need to be in a bed of silicon.. and for me to suggest that varnish or paint is suitable..or worse.. as is often in my case.. nothing .. is very irresponsible ...and not offering a balanced view to folks.
I have been spending too much time on forums of late..so Im going to spend the summer doing my own thing again. I mean no disrespect to anyone ..but I have been finding forums quite tiring of late..and its obviously affecting my judgement...for which I apologise.
It is also beginning to affected the enjoyment of my own boating experiences ..so hopefully you can understand my decision to have a break. Its been on my mind for a while..and its not just because of my posts on this thread
I have been thinking of getting another boat lately ..and because I love working with wood.. looking for a decent clinker built tub as a project to keep myself busy ..and replace the time I spent on the internet.
I sincerely wish you all a great boating season.
All screws in boats need to be in a bed of silicon.. and for me to suggest that varnish or paint is suitable..or worse.. as is often in my case.. nothing .. is very irresponsible ...and not offering a balanced view to folks.
I have been spending too much time on forums of late..so Im going to spend the summer doing my own thing again. I mean no disrespect to anyone ..but I have been finding forums quite tiring of late..and its obviously affecting my judgement...for which I apologise.
It is also beginning to affected the enjoyment of my own boating experiences ..so hopefully you can understand my decision to have a break. Its been on my mind for a while..and its not just because of my posts on this thread
I have been thinking of getting another boat lately ..and because I love working with wood.. looking for a decent clinker built tub as a project to keep myself busy ..and replace the time I spent on the internet.
I sincerely wish you all a great boating season.
- kaman
- Super Poster
- Posts: 846
- Joined: 05 Aug 2015, 23:01
- Boat Make: Honwave 3.5a Honwave t3.8
- Outboard: Tohatsu 20hp
Suzuki 2.5hp
Suzuki 2.2hp - MMSI Number: 235114675
- Location: South West Scotland
- Has thanked: 25 times
- Been thanked: 135 times
Re: Portable transducer mount
Like wise Donny, enjoy your boat carpentry and the remainder of your boating season.
I for one will miss your write ups, pictures, videos and general humour.
Your posts have inspired me to see that my Sib can be used for much more than a spot of fishing

I for one will miss your write ups, pictures, videos and general humour.
Your posts have inspired me to see that my Sib can be used for much more than a spot of fishing
-
Martin
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 5789
- Joined: 30 Dec 2014, 13:05
- Boat Make: F-Rib 3.75 - Special
- Outboard: Suzuki Smoker DT9 (1978) , Suzuki DF20 efi
- MMSI Number: 123456789
- Location: Huddersfield - West Yorkshire
- Has thanked: 1416 times
- Been thanked: 782 times
- Contact:
Re: Portable transducer mount
Wow, another boat
The internet does my head in at times, I get where you're coming from. Take it easy Donny, enjoy your boating season and hope to see you back on again sometime soon hopefully with another excellent write up of my boat my build clinker style
Martin
The internet does my head in at times, I get where you're coming from. Take it easy Donny, enjoy your boating season and hope to see you back on again sometime soon hopefully with another excellent write up of my boat my build clinker style
Martin
F-RibsAndSibs.Com.... 
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
Because it's a big old WWworld out there
-
grav898
- I'm New
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 27 May 2021, 21:34
- Location: Greenwood
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Re: Portable transducer mount
Big thanks to Gurnyard for the inspiration. Made this sliding transducer mount after getting terrible imaging with it on my trolling motor.
- Attachments
-
20210526_204526.mp4 [ 36.77 MiB | Viewed 1332 times ]
-
ChrisParish
- Supporting Member
- Posts: 2049
- Joined: 23 May 2018, 15:30
- Boat Make: Bombard Aerotec 380
- Outboard: Suzuki DF20A
- MMSI Number: 235916094
- Location: Poole
- Has thanked: 123 times
- Been thanked: 636 times




